Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skirting board heating system

Options
  • 04-03-2007 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,
    my Mil's plumbing has finally packed it in and needs to be replaced. She lives in a bungalow and the plumber has suggested bringing pipes down the ceiling. She is slightly worried about the look of this.

My sil read a piece about a heating system, which is like a skirting board. Has anyone used this? I am concerned that it would not be very efficient in a 1970's bungalow. She has just got the walls pumped and has double glazing but that is it, the house is very cold and draughty. Or is there anything else anyone can suggest?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Eve1 wrote:
    Hi all,
    my Mil's plumbing has finally packed it in and needs to be replaced. She lives in a bungalow and the plumber has suggested bringing pipes down the ceiling. She is slightly worried about the look of this.

My sil read a piece about a heating system, which is like a skirting board. Has anyone used this? I am concerned that it would not be very efficient in a 1970's bungalow. She has just got the walls pumped and has double glazing but that is it, the house is very cold and draughty. Or is there anything else anyone can suggest?
    Thanks

Does the bungalow have any partitioned walls ? ,you can get pipes down partitioned walls.
    Maybe chase the floors if there is carpet fitted ?
    You could try and take all the skirting off in the house and route the pipe in a chase behind the skirting aswell .Then just install standard radiators.

Advertisement