Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proposed Flag Football League Of Ireland

• 04-03-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

NORTH DIVISION

Bangor Bucs
    Belfast Bulls
    Belfast Trojans
    Carrickfergus Knights
    Coleraine Chieftans
    Craigavon Cowboys
    Portadown Eagles

SOUTH COAST DIVISION

SE Strongbows
    Cork Admirals
    Cork UCC
    Cork CIT
    Cork Mustangs
    Willow Warriors

DUBLIN DIVISION

Sharks
    Rebels
    Dragons
    Outlaws
    St Annes Jazz
    DCU
    Macka's Boys

WEST COAST DIVISION

Galway Sea Devils
    Edenderry Soldiers
    Roscrea Falcons
    Athlone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Titan #1 wrote:
    DUBLIN DIVISION

Sharks
    Rebels
    Dragons
    Outlaws
    St Annes Jazz
    DCU
    Macka's Boys

No Pirates?
    No Crows?
    No Jedi?
    No Cycos?
    No Gladiators?

No Marlay either, but who cares about them! Maybe HoJo* can play for the Rebels? :D

*If you weren't playing Flag 10 years ago, you'll never understand. Ask some of the senior Rebels or Dragons about him. We still laugh about him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Ah HoJo... we used to call him tache-dude cos we didn't know his name.

I remember having a coffee in Dunkin Donuts on Gratfton St when we spotted him in his An Post uniform, cycling down a sidestreet. This led to a lot of 'Watch the Post' when he lined up at WR. Ah, the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

haha macka's boys... emm ye were gonna have to come up with a name... at the mo its either Demons or Aubergines (clearly the better option). I hope we can get this rolling, despite my entire teams complete lack of experience it should be a good laugh. Just need to find a whole load of pink shirts....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

Maybe HoJo* can play for the Rebels? :D

*If you weren't playing Flag 10 years ago, you'll never understand. Ask some of the senior Rebels or Dragons about him. We still laugh about him!

I played softball against 'Hojo' and the Marlay Martyrs for several years, boy oh boy, what a crowd (particularly the moustashioed one!)..

Regarding the league, when would this start, would it be played largely on Saturdays and how long would it run?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Macka,
    Why are we wearing pink? Aren't aubergines purple?

There can be no arguement over which name should be chosen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I hear that the Cork teams didn't materialise as fast as the organisers would have hoped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

I like the name "PINK AUBERGINES" although I still think it is some obscure sexual reference......lol.

I don't know what is happening with Cork but we have to get moving soon.

We are looking for a Spring league that can be run for a few months before exams kick in and teams start losing players.

If it runs then it will be a sucess and we can plan for a Fall season.

The Summer can be left for open tournaments and maybe we can attract a few English or Scottish teams.

Games should all be played on Saturdays but this is not set in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

piby wrote:
    Macka,
    Why are we wearing pink? Aren't aubergines purple?

There can be no arguement over which name should be chosen!

ye I think they are bru, but whilst you were first to suggest a team name, Seb was the first to suggest team colours. The fact that it can be miscontrued as an obscure sexual reference only sweetens the deal, I hadn't even noticed that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I hear that the Cork teams didn't materialise as fast as the organisers would have hoped.

Cork Predators were one team who suffered sadly

After 1 round the Dublin Division has

Spartans 3 1 0 .75 +30

Dragons 2 1 0 .66 +12

Sharks 1 2 0 .33 +14

Rebels 1 2 1 .33 -14

Team41 1 2 1 .33 -38

The Dragons and the Sharks have a game to play to finish off the round and this could alter the leader's position.
    The surprise Spartans ( formerly known as the Pink Aubergines) hold an impressive lead so far.

• Advertisement

Northern Division

Belfast Bulls................3.....3.....0.....87.....20.....100.....+67

Causeway Convicts......3.....1.....2.....37.....46.....33.3....-9

Carrickfergus Knights....3.....1.....2.....36.....56.....33.3....-20

Craigavon Cowboys......3.....1.....2.....26.....49.....33.3....-23

Surprise package,the Causeway Convicts hold second place due to superior points difference but rampant Bulls look sure for a play off place already.

Injury hit Knights struggled with a minimum 5 man squad and the wheels slowly but surely fell off the Cowboys wagon.

2nd Northern Division Tourny

Bulls.........4.....3.....0.....1.....75%.....+65

CK...........4.....2.....2.....0.....50%.....+11

PEagles....4.....2.....2.....0.....50%.....-16

Cowboys..4.....1.....2.....1.....25%.....-7

Cons.......4.....1.....3.....0.....25%.....-24

Show draw with Cowboys spoils perfect season for Bulls. Eagles rally after slow start and defeat to Cons. Boosted Knights gain positive points tally and second place.

Advertisement