Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pu Erh tea

Options
  • 04-03-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Bout a pack or three of it today,its ment to be exellent for you ie.reduce cholestrol,encourage weight loss etc!!!Pretty steep at 20E for 20 bags..anyone tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've been thinking about trying it but that price is crazy. An Irish site was suggested to me to try from a friend who's bought quite a bit from them ... just need to find the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If it helps reduce cholesterol & all those other good things - €20 is not too much to pay considering that you'd only get 4 or 5 pints of Guinness for the same price. And contrary to popular belief - Guinness is not that good for you.

Ok found the site:

http://www.puerh-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I've heard lots of brilliant stories about this tea. Is it the real deal though?

Seems to be, I'm thinking about trying it out and tbh I dont know whats stopping me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

From what I understand if you buy it in one of the Asian shops, it costs around half of the price charged elsewhere

Thats because they sell it loose and not in bags (in most cases) just like the site I posted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

From what I understand the tea bags can be reused several times. So it's not really that bad value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I got a box of 40 teabags of Robert Roberts Pu-Erh Tea a couple of weeks ago for under a fiver. Went back last week though and they didn't have any left. Stuff tastes good.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

Did anyone try this on a regular basis yet? Is it the 'magic fat-burning tea' it's made out to be or is it a gimmick? I've tasted it before and it's actually ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Did anyone try this on a regular basis yet? Is it the 'magic fat-burning tea' it's made out to be or is it a gimmick? I've tasted it before and it's actually ok.

Its not going to burn fat just by drinking it and if it did then it would probably contain sh1tloads of caffeine, like most dieting pills do. I know my ma has been drinking it for about six months or more and hasn't lost any visible weight...

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

daiixi wrote:
    I got a box of 40 teabags of Robert Roberts Pu-Erh Tea a couple of weeks ago for under a fiver. ...

Where was this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

well i saw some Robt. Roberts boxes of it for a fiver in Spar on Upper Leeson Street just up from the Leeson Lounge on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw big bags of the loose-leaf version of this tea in the Asia Market in Drury street for about 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Chopper wrote:
    Where was this ?
    It was in Avoca in Dublin but I've been buying it of late from Dunnes all over the place. I had a cholesterol test recently and I passed with flying colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

has anyone tried wulong tea?? how does it compare to pu'erh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Chopper wrote:
    Where was this ?

Tesco's are stocking it.

It say its low in caffeine on the pack, anyone know how it compares to green tea?

MODS:how about moving this to the coffee & tea section?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

siochain wrote:
    MODS:how about moving this to the coffee & tea section?
    This thread is on the go since before the conception of Coffee & Tea. I'll see what can be done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Was using it a few months ago when my sister was selling it, tasted good and I felt a lot better than I do these days! Have to get some more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maximus11

The best quality pu-erh I've found is from a website called stayhealthy.ie, definitely boosed my metabolism when working out as I burned weight a lot faster when I was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I have been drinking this tea for the past year now and I think it is great. I really boosts my energy and has cleared up my skin lots. I have gotten so used to it I never drink normal any more. 20 Euro for a box of 20 is a complete rip off. I buy 2 boxes of 50 from www.tenren.com for 33 dollars. It is the very same make that is being sold here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Roberts are selling 20 tea bags for €3.95 i have seen it in two superquinns

Has anyone had any weight loss drinking it?

Advertisement