Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I really messed up my phone!! (sony ericsson k750i) IM begging for help please!

• 04-03-2007 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

I got that phone less than a week ago....while trying to flash it to w800 it got all messed up....now there is no sound it wont play anything..and you cant here any1 when you ring them. is there any 'recovery mode' or way to fix it???? and if i send it back to o2 will they be able to tell it was my doing!
    any1 that can help please do!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

thats a dangerous senario

But try updating a firmware on wotanserver.

Did you not Plan ur option B before going for such an adventure :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think you can download the original firmware and software from the SE site, and use your data cable to update it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

thanks for the advice....ill give em a both a go. yes i had no plan b!!!:D :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'd give the SE site a go first because it's free.

thanks ya...i'll give it a go first. i dont really want to pay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just go into O2 and say it's not turning on. You're within 30 days so they'll swap it out once they see a fault and that it's not physically damaged.

@ chris i bought it online though.......i'll give it a try though nice one. they should be alrite in a shop about it???or would it have to be dealt with online again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

O2 recently changed the rules so the stores can look after online issues. The in store checks are no where near strenuous enough to figure out if the OS is not working on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

abcxyz123 wrote:
    @ chris i bought it online though.......i'll give it a try though nice one. they should be alrite in a shop about it???or would it have to be dealt with online again?

Shouldn't make a difference. Worst case scenario, they swap it for a refurbished model, which works better than the one you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

just bring it to mprc in sandyford and they will flash it right.Just donot tell them what you did and just say it keeps turning off and no questions will be asked.thats your best option and its free

• Advertisement

thanks for all the replies.

(1) cant go to sandyford.....live in Cork

(2) it does turn on, and it give a sony ericsson k800i start-up!!
    but after startup no sound is played!

(3) yeah if they were to swap with me, would i get it on the spot??

thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

They do (or have) replaced on the spot, however with the k800 start up your kinda in trouble as they'll know you've been messing with it.

If it was me I'd try and make it NOT boot up if u know what i mean? and then bring it in ;)

Or you'll have to send it away to be fixed

yeah i know what ya mean................but i could just show it tom them it started up.....but it has the w800 walkman icon in the menu!!
    erghhhh!!:mad:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try to reflash it from SE site. Most reliable option. Failing that look for a local phone repair / flashing place. Probably not a good idea to make it any worse - hoping that the damage is determined to be put down as a manufacturers fault.

i fixed it!!!woo hoo!! if any1 wants to know how here ya go.

i downloaded the sony ericsson k750i file directory from topsony.com
    uploaded that to my phone with phone xs+++

then........flashed the original k750i firmware (again from topsony) onto to my phone..and to my amazement it came on..and made all the noises!!

1 prob 2. im missing the games and.....1 of the aplications (world clock)
    any1 have any ideas???could i upload them thru phone xs!

thanks for all yere help!!

Advertisement