Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reserver + $$$$?!?

• 04-03-2007 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I want to join the reserves and plan on goin this wed, but one of my friends in the reserves says i wont start getting payed til around october because thats when my unit will be made... true? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

You get paid for doing full-time training or duties, so if you get fully processed before the Summer you'll have the oppertunity to go on camp & get paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Is that all your in it for? :eek: Money?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

As Steyr says if your motivation is the money don't bother, you not going to get payed very much and you'll just be wasting everyones time.

Give him a chance, he's only asked one question & you've both had a go at him over his motivation for joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

cushtac wrote:
    Give him a chance, he's only asked one question & you've both had a go at him over his motivation for joining.

Chance for what? He just asked straight out about Money:rolleyes: No questions about whats it like? Is it fun? :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote:
    Chance for what? He just asked straight out about Money:rolleyes: No questions about whats it like? Is it fun? :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

Maybe he's already asked these questions of others and is satisfied with the answers? He said he's joining on Wednesday, so it's safe to assume he's already enquired about the general goings-on of the RDF.

He asked one question about money - is it true that he wouldn't be getting paid until Oct. He didn't ask how much he'd get, or how often he'd get it or how he'd get it, all he asked was whether something he'd heard about pay was correct and you jumped down his throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kevin. B

Yeah, came down him fairly hard there guys, I can't understand why he won't be gettin' paid 'til October though, what about camp in the summer and grat? Will all that just accumulate into his account then...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

give him a chance there are restrictions on the no of recruits and he would get a uniform ,kit and a place on a camp do it and fe@ck off a week later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

cushtac you actually had it spot on, I did make this post off an account my younger brother has, and your entirely right its wierd lol, I did ask and talk about it with a friend in the reserves, I was actually even planning on joining for a while now and only discovered that you could get payed about 5 days ago lol.. I have found out almost everything else I need to know, support is what I was told to go for, I know what time, and what place I have to be to be collected, I've found about the training and for how long I will be doing basic training for before I begin shooting weapons etc... maybe my original post was kinda immature sound and jumping the gun so to speak but thats for giving me the respect and chance that others didnt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Fair enough, I just hate the wasters who turn up for six months and then disappear after getting some cash for the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement