Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find the owner of a property

Options
  • 05-03-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

House next door to my parents is rented. Loads of late night parties.
    Cops come but suggest we contact landlord and if no joy then council.
    Problem is we don't know who the land lord is. Anyway to find out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

ask the other neighbours? Or the bin company? Calling the guards might be the best idea, if every reasonable method has been tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Aren't you able to get information on who owns a property from the local council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

The local council should have him listed if you give them the address. As far as I remember they have the list done out by rented properties per area so shouldn't be too hard to find him, provided he's legit.

Just ring with your query and they'll put you through to the relevant department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Threshold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

If there a registered landlord the local authority housing department will be able to contact them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If you can't find the details locally then you can go to the Land Registry on Nassau St, Dublin. They hold the details of all registered owners of property.

http://www.landregistry.ie/index.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Stick up afor sale sign with your Mobile outside the house...

Let them ring you

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

All Rentals should be registered with the Private Residential Tenancies Board
    They should have contact details for the landlord
    They publish a list of rented houses on their website with landlord details
    If they havent registered the tenancy then they shoulc be able to take action , there is a fine
    http://www.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bleary wrote:
    All Rentals should be registered with the Private Residential Tenancies Board
    They should have contact details for the landlord
    They publish a list of rented houses on their website with landlord details
    If they havent registered the tenancy then they shoulc be able to take action , there is a fine
    http://www.prtb.ie/
    nice to know...I've checked that register and my neighbouring house thats rented is not listed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lex Luthor wrote:
    nice to know...I've checked that register and my neighbouring house thats rented is not listed

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt that mean hes possibly not paying tax.

might be a lever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Zambia232 wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt that mean hes possibly not paying tax.

might be a lever
    not sure how frequently the online register is updated. The house was only rented out since last Sep. A call to the prtb will sort that out and if they are not registered, its one thing extra I can use to work in my favour

John R wrote:
    If you can't find the details locally then you can go to the Land Registry on Nassau St, Dublin. They hold the details of all registered owners of property.

Of little or no use for urban areas, where most land is registered in the Registry of Deeds in Henrietta Street. Unlike the Land Registry, there is no way of carrying out a mapping search, or afaik even a search against addresses.

If you're in Dublin, try Thoms Directory. If not, ask at the local Post Office. Or else ring them up and pretend to be from the ESB asking for details of the houseowner for some wiring job...anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just talk to the noise pollution people in the council.

Have you spoken to the neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you ring one of the legal search firms, they may be able to get what you're looking for. It's worth ringing them up and asking them. Will cost though.

Advertisement