Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the best club in Waterford?

• 05-03-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

Your thoughts

Best club in Waterford 27 votes

Ten
    0% 0 votes
    Rubys
    7% 2 votes
    Oxygen
    40% 11 votes
    Forum
    14% 4 votes
    Bowery
    37% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It used to be The Roxy, DJ Louis AKA DJ Global on a Thursday night rocked balls.

Alas it was too cool to be sustained in a small town where all the plebs insisted on going to Club LA and Preachers *sigh*

It's good to know Louis is still kicking it old school though, there's hope for waterford yet.

God I miss jumping around to "Love Spreads" on a thursday night.

============
    The Roxy R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

It used to be The Roxy, DJ Louis AKA DJ Global on a Thursday night rocked balls.

Alas it was too cool to be sustained in a small town where all the plebs insisted on going to Club LA and Preachers *sigh*

It's good to know Louis is still kicking it old school though, there's hope for waterford yet.

============
    The Roxy R.I.P.

Ah the Roxy. Totally old school. Those were the days. They're all as bad as each other now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

At the moment...either the bowery...or the forum (depending what night it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

============
    The Roxy R.I.P.
    Louis is a W***er!!!
    Used to have to put up with him when I worked in the Junction.
    Good DJ tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They are all dire, but we all end up usually going to Rubys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

underpants wrote:
    Ah the Roxy. Totally old school. Those were the days. They're all as bad as each other now.

Metroland too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DJ Donie

It all depends in what you're into, Music its Ten, Craic its Rubys, Talent its Oxygen, a crap night its The Bowery!!! Simple as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

The Bowery , Rubys is full a old people and Oxygen sucks Donkey balls.Forums a bit of a walk for lazy people like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

didnt realise it was drinking clubs, was going to say the WIT Surf Club is the best but other than that bowerys the soxs when theres a good crowd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ten - biggest heap of **** ever.
    Rubys - grab a granny
    Oxygen - full of immigants, and a complete ripoff
    Forum - some half decent gigs there sometimes
    Bowery - To biker for me, and the gay nights just arnt for a hetro bloke.

Bring back the metroland, Many a fantastic night there. ABout 90% of which i cant remember.

Haha, or club La. Jasus that place was a kip. Thinking of it, thats the reason i moved up here. The whole of waterford is a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Not mad into clubbing but if i had to choose i'd say Ruby's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I haven't been in Waterford clubbing since I finished college there in 2004 :( but at the time Ruby's was the place to go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

im very close to banning everyone who voted for ruby's dont let it happen again.
    consider this a formal warning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mayordenis wrote:
    im very close to banning everyone who voted for ruby's dont let it happen again.

Am I missing something here? o_O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 mazdafarl

Sully wrote:
    Am I missing something here? o_O
    Rubys is a dump- U can sneak in for free if you go round the back climb up on the roof of the little building beside the smoking area.. bide your time till the bouncer goes in then drop and drop again its a bit of a fall though - I did get caught once and the lads came out with a ladder. embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

mazdafarl wrote:
    Rubys is a dump- U can sneak in for free if you go round the back climb up on the roof of the little building beside the smoking area.. bide your time till the bouncer goes in then drop and drop again its a bit of a fall though - I did get caught once and the lads came out with a ladder. embarrassing

Seems an awful amount of work to get into a place you call a dump!
    Just find a friend who is a class rep and photocopy his free pass. I'm not saying this will work, I have not tried it, but I'd say its safer than jumping off roofs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

mayordenis wrote:

Who did you vote for and why?
    Why shouldn't we vote for Ruby's?

Incidentally, I voted for Rubys! Mostly via process of elimination.

Forum = Very grungy, full of very self-conscious goth types
    Bowery = Like the forum but with no people
    Ten = Horrible trashy dance club full of 15 & 16 year olds
    Oxygen = Absolutely full of scumbags with an awful mix of chart dance songs and R&B

Ruby's = Nice enough bar, to be fair it's still a mix of scumbags and normal people (Hey, this IS Waterford) and the music is pretty good. Why all the hating? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

no no no,

the forum is at this stage a very assorted range of people of all the different gang-types in waterford, yes its the only place grungers and goths go but its also big on the whole indie scene, anyone who likes music thats even reasonably good, its laid-out much better than anywhere else,

the atmosphere is always friendly people aren't completely up themselves, i dont smoke but the smoking area is even fantastic.

and no the music in rubys is awful and its just sleezy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I like the Forum and The Bowery..

As to choose... I dunno to be honest. The Bowerys always dead quiet... So I guess the Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Do you know what the problem is people???

We're moving on and there's a change in generations!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

rubys is a **** hole

Advertisement