Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Linksys Router

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know a good place to get the Vodafone Linksys Router for the datacard ? Ive seen it on expansys.ie, but at 250 euros Im hesitant to buy it from them.

If anyone knows anywhere cheaper then I'd love to hear it. For some reason having the datacard in my laptop just totally over heats it and frequently crashes.

Thanks for any pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1121637#

Excluding ebay/second hand you wont get a much better price than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Both the Linksys and Netgear PCMCIA/PCcard routers are much more expensive than the ADSL/EthernetWAN versions as the card interface is more expensive and these are a much lower volume product.

They are much more provider and country specific. Make sure the one you get actually has the built in driver for the datacard you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Got two from elara.ie much cheaper than that; also can be configured to work with the 3 datacard.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭oghran

Thats perfect, thanks a lot for that. Going to order one from them now.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Has anyone tried it with the O2 datacard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

oghran wrote:
    Hi. Does anyone know a good place to get the Vodafone Linksys Router for the datacard ? Ive seen it on expansys.ie, but at 250 euros Im hesitant to buy it from them.

If anyone knows anywhere cheaper then I'd love to hear it. For some reason having the datacard in my laptop just totally over heats it and frequently crashes.

Thanks for any pointers.
    I'll sell you mine. Check your PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Patrickof wrote:
    Has anyone tried it with the O2 datacard?
    What make is the o2 data card?

Advertisement