Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin getting more violent?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

LovelyTom wrote:
    About 45 minutes ago, me and my friend, Carl, were on our way home from a friends house and when we turned a corner we were shouted at by a group of scum, they ran up beside us and started hasseling us... half way down the road they lost interest and crossed the road looking for someone else to pick a fight with... it sure is gettin more risky going anywhere...

Must be a full moon out, I just got hassled by a group of scum as well. Stood up to the main lad who was threatening to "hop a can off your head" and he crapped himself. Don't be bullied by these little thugs, hard men when there's four against one but stand up to them and they'll usually walk off saying stuff like "Yeah, you're lucky!" Sometimes I'm glad I lok a bit hooliganesque with my shaved head and scars :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Mairt wrote:
    LOL, last place I worked in had karaoke on every Friday night. The DJ was a complete asshole. Anyway one night four traveller's were in the bar and one asked to sing.

Sang his song and the DJ says "You've a very traditional voice, you must be well travelled"... Uproar in seconds!.

And Shane, your right about rural towns.

About 12-13 yrs ago I was offered work in Leixlip. "Ah" I thought, "that has to be a handy one"... I think we fought every weekend. It was in the days when doorstaff wore white shirts and dickiebow's. Well thank god Penny's were selling white shirts for £3 at the time!.

You will be happy (or unhappy) to know that Leixlip is still the same 13 years on, they still kick each other up and down the main street at night. The most dangerous time is around 2 am to 3 am. Ive lived in Hackney, which is nicknamed "the murder mile", but your more likely to get a kicking in Leixlip, just by walking past the wrong group at the wrong time.

Advertisement