Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braga away on tv

Options
  • 05-03-2007 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Braga away game is live on Setanta Sports Ireland and also on Channel 5 at 9.35 on Thursday. Setanta Sports is available online free of charge to eircom broadband residential customers more here http://home.eircom.net/sports/setanta-video/demo

The 2nd leg on Wednesday 14th ko 8.15pm is live on ITV1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Cheers Pat.
    I was wondering about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Watching the Pool beat Barca tonight and ITV said they were carrying the Spurs game on Thursday.

Enjoy

E.

Ps. ITV commentators are pure sh*te.

PPS hang on they might have meant the second leg... never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Any online streams to non eircommers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

frp, 0 - 2 to 2 - 2 becuase of a couple of soft free kicks (ok, one a soft peno)

second half we just havent been competing. should have been 3 nil up in the first half

and for the first time ever, robbie keane scores in a one on one situation!

• Advertisement

and for the first time ever, robbie keane scores in a one on one situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Keano, 2-3. He's been good tonight.

They surely can't fail to progress to the quarters now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

We'll stuff them in the lane. Jesus Gardner really is a weak link he was brutal last night.

never say never, but i agree that if we just play our game, we will go through.

im not a big fan of playing lennon on the left and malbranque on the right. obth of them just come in too much. only lee was trying to hit the byline and get the cross in, we just keep getting so far and angling in towards goal.

would like to see it mixed up much more.

overall, a good result. 3 goals in a stadium that has not seen any away team score in the uefa cup this year is a great result. technically, i thought they were smart. they really had the flick ons and the one-twos down pat and i could see how they go this far, but i think just the sheer pace and power of spurs is too much for them.

one thing i didnt like though, they have obviously been asked to be physical, and some of the challenges were well over the top. in fact, the one time that there wasnt an over the top challenge, they get a penalty, and the free for their second goal. otherwise, i thought the ref was good.

but that peno was well dodgy. must be an arsenal supporting ref :)

mindyou , he is russian i believe, so maybe a few shekkles have gone in from abramovichs pocket ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Good result - played really well until we went 2 up and then tried sitting on it.
    Gardner is simply dreadful - we have only 2 fit CB's for UEFA cup, Rocha is cup tied. I still prefer Davenport to him!
    Impressed by Zokora's running and Keane finsihing - dont get me started on transfer rumours - you can have Mido and Defoe anytime before Robbie!!
    Huddlestone needs a boot up the arse for his effort for 2nd goal - Tainio did a lot of defensive work.
    These are no great shakes - i expect a comprehensive win in WHL - unless we rest a few!!:cool:

• Advertisement

id like to see adel tarrthingy play.

as for transfers, ive been saying for a long time that defoe and mido should be the ones to go.
    keane adds to much to the squad, so even if hes not a first or second placed striker, he plays a mean left midfield.

hmmm, now theres a thought.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I agree, i think Keane offers that bit more than Defoe does, I think if you look at the stats Keane has more assists than Defoe and scores just as many if not more than Defoe. As much as i wouldn't like to see Defoe go to another premiership club, i think he would be the one to move ..... Lets keep Keane no matter what

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Not long in the door from Portugal, blinding trip. Two solid days of Super Bock!

The atmosphere at the match was amazing, we ditched our seats and moved down to the left of the stand with other mates of ours, watched the game in the aisle. Sang for 90 minutes, I'm still hoarse.

Only bad thing was their old bill swinging batons on our way out. Disgraceful stuff from them, totally unprovoked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Kold wrote:
    Any online streams to non eircommers?

Too late for this on, but Setanta is now available on Chorus' basic package! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Too late for this on, but Setanta is now available on Chorus' basic package! :)
    Don't feel like getting rid of my Sky digital :(

Advertisement