Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

German Car HPI Check?

Options
  • 05-03-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey Im looking at a german car is there any such equilalant as the UK HPI check thet operates over there?Its for sale from a private indivudual

just to make sure its not clocked or stolen or a cut& shut or dodgy finance or recovered from the rhine or anything at all.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm not aware of any such institution ...but i've never looked for one either.

There are several safeguards, though.
    First of all the seller should be in posession of the "Fahrzeugbrief" (not just the "KFZ-Schein") this is the official ownership document. In case of finance, the bank keeps hold of it.

Then there are TUEV (NCT) and ASU (emmisions test) reports which have to be present. These also state the last recorded mileage (or rather kilometers)

And then usual bit of comparing chassis and engine numbers with the documents.

Get faxed copies of the above documents first ...if the seller doesn't want to send them, walk away.

PS:

the German AA equivalent, the ADAC also does vehicle assessments. If you're an AA member, maybe you could get one done by them arranging it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

peasant wrote:
    I'm not aware of any such institution ...but i've never looked for one either.

There are several safeguards, though.
    First of all the seller should be in posession of the "Fahrzeugbrief" (not just the "KFZ-Schein") this is the official ownership document. In case of finance, the bank keeps hold of it.

Then there are TUEV (NCT) and ASU (emmisions test) reports which have to be present. These also state the last recorded mileage (or rather kilometers)

And then usual bit of comparing chassis and engine numbers with the documents.

Get faxed copies of the above documents first ...if the seller doesn't want to send them, walk away.

PS:

the German AA equivalent, the ADAC also does vehicle assessments. If you're an AA member, maybe you could get one done by them arranging it?

many many thanks!:D
    You seem to be Only person In ireland who knows about it!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bitteschoen, gern geschehen :D

Advertisement