Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renault laguna diesel 1.9dci

Options
  • 05-03-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi..
    anyone got one of these cars,thinking of buying one,and getting and reading horror stories about the reliability of there engines and electric`s..lovely cars,and this one is coming at a right price..04reg with a f.s.h. with 74k on the clock..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

There was a comment on a post here about Renault Dealers not taking Lagunas as trade in. I have owned a Renault and can safely say they are the biggest piece of crap on the roads. The car would only start if it was not raining. Lost nearly 10k off the price I paid for the car in 2 years. In the ned I was lucky that a garage took it as a trade in, although it was left parked outside for the weekend, probably because it wouldn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

There was a comment on a post here about Renault Dealers not taking Lagunas as trade in. I have owned a Renault and can safely say they are the biggest piece of crap on the roads. The car would only start if it was not raining. Lost nearly 10k off the price I paid for the car in 2 years. In the ned I was lucky that a garage took it as a trade in, although it was left parked outside for the weekend, probably because it wouldn't start.

thats an interesting comment on the price drop. I am going off point here a little, but i was chatting to a guy, who jsut traded in a 2 year old passat diesel with 40 k on it. 11 Grand he had to give Al Hayes for it. So are all cars losing simialr money after 2 years anyway. As for Laguna, my opiunion is based on 2 rep friends plus a relative. Walk away now! dont be fooled by the extras, Electrical issues a big problem. Very comfortable, and good ncap test. In fairness i havent heard many engine problems, but stuff like the car wont start cause of the push button not working etc must be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I find Lagunas to be relatively unreliable and personally, I wouldn't buy one let alone recommend one. On the other hand there are people out there who have owned many Lagunas and swear by them. It's not that every Laguna is unreliable - it's just that they are less reliable than other makes & models meaning you've a higher chance of finding yourself with an unreliable one.

\cues junkyard........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

OP, if you want to find out specific info about the Laguna DCi you would be better off posting in a forum like
    www.renaultforums.co.uk

On a 2004 DCi I think the main thing to lookout for is the turbo followed by niggly little stuff like the backlight on the climate control display (if fitted) Also check that all the tyre pressure sensors are fitted and working

There were problems with ball joints and rear suspension beam bushes on some Laguna IIs but I believe these were sorted by 2004. My 2003 Laguna 1.6 is on its original balljonts @ 135 k miles they have been checked on several occasions and found to be fine, also passed the NCT about a week ago. Rear bushes are also original but have some wear now and will probably need replacing in the next 50k or so.

The 17 inch alloys on early cars buckle easily on Irish potholes but a 2004 car should have higher profile tyres on 16 inch alloys which are far more durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tred wrote:
    i was chatting to a guy, who jsut traded in a 2 year old passat diesel with 40 k on it. 11 Grand he had to give Al Hayes for it.

bear in mind that 05 Passats were discounted towards the end, and that the new Passat is a more expensive car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement