Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage depending on occupation?

Options
  • 05-03-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Do some lenders give preference depending on job held. What i mean is i heard that EBS deal specially with guards and take the salary scale into account and stuff. anyone info on this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, they all take your occupation into account. They love firstly professions like lawyer/doctor, not far behind are any type of civil service job as they are very secure and they can work out exactly how they are going to do salary wise. So guards, civil sevants in general all get a good hearing at any bank, usually there is a specific one that is known for doing good deals depending on the profession but I don't know if EBS is the best for gardai or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I heard all Gardai are pre approved for a 100% Mortgage. As long as they have no huge debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

Its just i'm doing the interview for the Gardai next week and was thinking ahead as to what the implications of getting in would be.

Any ideas of what amount i could get?

the scale would be like this at present: outside of overtime and allowances

25,792 at start

40,555 after 5 years

42,588 after 10 years

46,348 after 17 years

At the start earning about 25,000 wouldnt give much of a mortgage, how much of weight does the salary scale hold when applying?

Thanks for the info lads

Ogie16 wrote:
    Its just i'm doing the interview for the Gardai next week and was thinking ahead as to what the implications of getting in would be.

Any ideas of what amount i could get?

the scale would be like this at present: outside of overtime and allowances

25,792 at start

40,555 after 5 years

42,588 after 10 years

46,348 after 17 years

At the start earning about 25,000 wouldnt give much of a mortgage, how much of weight does the salary scale hold when applying?

Thanks for the info lads

What ...your cart is way before your horse mate , concentrate on the interview believe me your mortgage will not be a problem after your in 2 years and are a full Gardai. If you are going to be a copper you should not be just doing it for the cash.

Best of luck

o i know, i'm just thinking about it

• Advertisement

When your in there will be 101 cute feckers in there to advise you better than us where to put all your overtime ..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Zambia232 wrote:
    your mortgage will not be a problem after your in 2 years and are a full Gardai.

it's actually 4 years before your permanent in the gardaí

house prices are so high anyway its a disaster....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Ogie16 wrote:
    house prices are so high anyway its a disaster....

And a guard's salary ain't up to much either...

miju wrote:
    it's actually 4 years before your permanent in the gardaí

Sorry its two years here , I stand corrected

In 2 years I am pretty sure most mortgage companies will be generous . If you can earn more doing something else well them consider that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Cantab. wrote:
    And a guard's salary ain't up to much either...
    Overtime and allowances add significantly to it

Ya its the overtime and allowanes that makes it good, the figures i posted above are the basic figures.

Advertisement