Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSSQL 2000 licence costs

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:13pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I searched adverts.ie and there is nothing there!
    I also looked at ebay but am unsure at how many of the items are dodgy.
    Basically I'm looking to find out how much (roughly) it would cost to get a used & licenced copy of MS SQL 2000 for use on a web server.
    I know that there is an express version of MSSQL 2005 but there are processor & ram limitations. I presume there aren't any 2nd hand copies of 2005 out there.
    Is there any recommendations on where to buy this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Have you looked at other options like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have alright and may go with mySQL 5 but just wanted to check out all my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Usually on webservers you pay by the proc and its about 10K a proc the last time i checked and that might have been for the enterprise edition but this may have changed since the intro of 2005..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah the rules were for per client ,( not per simultaneous client like in 7 ) or per processor.

have you tried ebay ?
    there are outfits that sell second hand licenses but they seem to operate like second hand schoolbooks who buy it at 1/3 retail and sell at 2/3 retail - not a massive discount :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had actually thought of that Aidan!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

180 days, you could run it on the trial version of windows server

reminds me of the time when we had an app server rebooting every 4 hours, couple of months later we got the license upgraded :rolleyes:

Advertisement