Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stairs

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭

just looking for guide price on stairs. Went out last week for a look and am awaiting a couple of quotations from joinery shops. Its 4 risers to a 3 riser turn and then 8 risers to top. Bottom flight will have one side a cut string and other side a closed string. Turn and top flight wil be both closed string. We have requested quotes for Red Deal, Ash and Oak. Anyone get similar lately and give me a ball park. Also one of the joinery shops has given me another option.... laminate oak, have to say it doesnt look bad at all, much better than Red Deal.

thanks

Secman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

I got something similar done recently. Mine was red deal stairs (putting carpet runner), closed string, with oak handrail. It was approx €2,400 or €3,600 including fit.

I thought it was good value - although I am sure that many people will now tell me that it was expensive!!!

Too late.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭secman

Have moved my thread to Self Build section.

Advertisement