Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Looking for a new Alliance

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Would anyone out there be able to recommend an Alliance?

My experience of Alliances to date has been poor. They seem very good at bleeding my wallet dry and lack the balls to be able to hold on and defend their own members and space.

I don't really want to go back to carebearing and mission running as that seems totally pointless at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Alliance or corp?

Could try the Privateers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I always hear bad things about the privateers, a bad buzz really.

Avoid Entro at all costs though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well i would say Xelas but alot of people really don't have the staying power for fountain and itll either break or make ya. You could try Axiom Empire / Coreli Corporation / Dark Rising (Fallen Souls) / Freelancer Alliance. Problem is atm you'll find alot of the alliances (not all) will have closed recruitment during the war to prevent intel being leaked as much as possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

If its a fightin you want ask in Irish channel bout North Eastern Swat, they in Pandemic Legion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Hobbes wrote:
    Alliance or corp?

Could try the Privateers?

Privateers? I think just about everyone has them set to RED! :D I was looking to bring a whole corp along into a new Alliance. Closed recruitment is an issue for us at the moment. I'm having the same issue's myself at the moment trying to inject new blood into the corp between wars :-)

I've never been to Fountain and our corp loves to PvP, main problem is having a decent industrial base within the corp to keep the PvP guy's PvPing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

i used to be in dark-rising they are pretty good and the only thing you need to get into the corp are to be able to use large guns (because you can't snipe with missles) they have been getting raided alot though but i suppose raids have gone up since the big ass war

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Whats the difference between an alliance and a corp?

Yes... im new! :P

An alliance is a collection of corporations and alliances can claim sovereignty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

R0ot wrote:
    An alliance is a collection of corporations and alliances can claim sovereignty :D

Translatertron - an alliance can control lawless space by imposing their own laws and control space stations. so if they dont like you then you cant dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Join United Confederation of Corporations and help the fight against the red tide. Or as is more often the case get beaten by them but have fun doing it.

• Advertisement

I want a happy hippo and an explanation as to what the hEYall the red tide is? Is it something I should be worried about? Do I need to wash for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You can have a hippo but remember, it's for life not just for christmas.

The red tide relates to Red Alliance which if you don't know is full of sov bloc players. I can't for the life of me think of the name of the area but they hold a chunk of 0.0 space in the East. We have on two occassions gotten in there and held stations against them but have retreated on both occassions through either direct assault or our friendly alliances getting beaten.

Somewhat related it's interesting to see that the latest patch will stop emergency warp when caught in a warp bubble. Should be interesting to see all of RA crying cos they cannot loggofski as much as before.

Honestly... I fear this Red Tide. I fear them so much I'm afraid to log on to Eve right now. Nothing scares me more then the Eastern Block... except for an online Eastern Block where theres no USA to rail them in for poppin off a few doomsdays at me!

Aye, well I've moved up North along with the rest of the Corp to have a bit of pew! pew! pew! up there :)

Aye, well I've moved up North along with the rest of the Corp to have a bit of pew! pew! pew! up there :)

Joined an alliance? :D

R0ot wrote:
    Joined an alliance? :D

Sure have! Hydra :P

See ya on the battlefield! :D

Advertisement