Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Dingle Peninsula

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi y'all.
    Decided to go to Tralee sometime around Paddys day and was wondering if anybody knows some nice laid back beaches in the area. Nothing serious as hangovers take priority on this trip :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Head past the Blennerville windmill out to Castlegregory. There's about 7 miles of mellow beach breaks there. Basically pick any road that points to the sea and follow it. Don't be afraid to take on some bigger surf there too if it's clean and you're up for it. It can still be quite mellow up to 1.5x overhead and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Cheers, I see the beach you are talking about on google earth. Looks like a nice bay. Hopefully we'll get some decent swell now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

There's usually something about, any bit of movement at all and there should be waves somewhere. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

love castlegregory , i have spent a lot of summers down there camping and surfing . Tis paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

There are miles of beach there at Castlegregory, Kilcummin, Goulane and Fermoyle are good. Also close by in the Maharees, the"back beach" never fails, just ask locally for directions or take the road from Castlegregory village out to Spillanes Bar & Restaurant, you'll get a good warming feed there too! Enjoy!

ps. I live in dingle so if you want a wave forecast later in the week i'll post it! I see those beaches everyday!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Should try out Inch strand too if you can. Some serious waves there especially when stormy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

greine wrote:
    There are miles of beach there at Castlegregory, Kilcummin, Goulane and Fermoyle are good. Also close by in the Maharees, the"back beach" never fails, just ask locally for directions or take the road from Castlegregory village out to Spillanes Bar & Restaurant, you'll get a good warming feed there too! Enjoy!

ps. I live in dingle so if you want a wave forecast later in the week i'll post it! I see those beaches everyday!:)
    Yeah Spillanes resaurant is class, but it was busy the couple of times I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Cheers guys, I'm totally spoiled for choice at this stage. Shaping up to be a pretty nice weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

old thread i know, but headed for a stag in dingle on fri/sat and bringing the board. Any recommendations?
    None of the lads surf, so itll be only me!
    Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Swell is forecast to be pretty weak. With sw swell Inch might do but id say stick yo the sauce ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement