Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish Lambo's

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is there any? Wasn't there a gallardo spotted in dublin a while back? What about any other's? Any Murci's, Diablo's (what kinds), Countach (what ones?) etc. There seem to be very few and waaaay outnumbered by the likes of ferrari? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

seen a black diablo on merrion square and i think there was a black gallardo floating about a few months ago. think it was on sale on carzone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Theres a Diablo in Co Galway but it rarely comes out to play. Was the Countach used in the lotto had a few yeares ago real or a kit? its got a Co Wexford reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Blue850 wrote:
    Theres a Diablo in Co Galway but it rarely comes out to play. Was the Countach used in the lotto had a few yeares ago real or a kit? its got a Co Wexford reg.

Countach used in the Lotto Ad is an irish car, most recently in Lawfords in Harolds Cross. There was also a Countach owned by a guy in Callan, Co.Kilkenny a good few years back, could have been the same car, I'm not sure.

I saw the black gallardo (04-d I think) out near the airport about 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Black Gallardo - 04 reg
    Blue Gallardo Spider - 06 reg
    Orange Gallardo - 04 reg owned by the editor of VIP mag
    Orange Daiblo 6.0 VT - 01 reg but on northern plates, owned by Jim Haughey - 22yo son of Edward Haughey
    Reg Countach - somewhere in Killiney or Dalkey, I think one of the U2 boys
    Green Countach - don't know where it is now, a friend of mine's uncle owned it

That's all I can think of...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

I spotted the blue spider last week on the N11 in wicklow. I've also seen the Orange gallardo and the Orange Diablo around dublin. (not many cars can get away with orange, but it suits Lambos).

Havent seen a Countach other than at car shows

So no Murcielago's then?

• Advertisement

only the blue 40th Aniversary one that got shipped to spain, was on uk plates though...
    bt000114357420fe1.jpgbt000108335560kv9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

attracts the totti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

stevo are you sure that limited edition Murcielago is still not in dublin.a guy around city west owned one and he is a friend of the owner of parkwest autopoint .My friend was there one day and he got a video of it a few months ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ah so I'd be the first of the boggers to point out that we used to have a Lamborgini tractor, Quite good it were too, shouldnt you be addin them inta yer list

drdre wrote:
    stevo are you sure that limited edition Murcielago is still not in dublin.a guy around city west owned one and he is a friend of the owner of parkwest autopoint .My friend was there one day and he got a video of it a few months ago.
    well it was reported by a few people that it was shipped off to the port and I think that's it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Ah so I'd be the first of the boggers to point out that we used to have a Lamborgini tractor, Quite good it were too, shouldnt you be addin them inta yer list

Good one Mahatma :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

They have one in a garrage in Galway if you want to go see...

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=603099

not in yet icebox, coming in soon... those photos are from a lambo dealership n the uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Theres a yellow diablo down one of the lanes between Baggot street and Fitzwiliam square. Used to see it going down leeson street around 2000-2003 when I was in the area.

Theres one in Sligo too next door to a mate but not sure what kind.

Theres a yellow diablo down one of the lanes between Baggot street and Fitzwiliam square. Used to see it going down leeson street around 2000-2003 when I was in the area.

Theres one in Sligo too next door to a mate but not sure what kind.
    get pics of the one in Sligo, the one on that use to go up baggot st was the Oragne Diablo 6.0 VT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Seen a purple diablo going west on the way home from westport to dub, I just dont think the new ones are in the same calibre. Amazing looking machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Anybody know what these guys run there cars on. They should be run on 98 Octane which, AFAIK, can't be got in this country.

I emailed Maxol/Esturary, Statoil and Texaco last week about 97 Octane fuel. Only Maxol/Estuary had the courtesy to get back to me. Unfortunately they don't do it anymore in the Republic, but have a few in NI.

How seriously compromised are these cars having to drink poxy 95 octane fuel?

Not that they'd be slow, but if it says on the tin 98, then 95 can't be good.

Seen a purple diablo going west on the way home from westport to dub, I just dont think the new ones are in the same calibre. Amazing looking machine.
    I don't know, I like the Gallardo and the Murcielago but IMO the late Diablos, the 6.0 VT and the 6.0 SE are the nicest supercars/hypers ever produced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

steve06 wrote:
    get pics of the one in Sligo, the one on that use to go up baggot st was the Oragne Diablo 6.0 VT
    where is that 6.0 now? in dublin? never seen a diablo over here

there were pictures of a purple se30, supossedly from sligo, in the heres what thread. there were no front plates and no pictures of the back so i dont know if its irish.

that murcielago is in spain afaik.

there are a few pictures of the black and orange gallardos in the heres what thread

tdc wrote:
    where is that 6.0 now? in dublin? never seen a diablo over here

Afraid not, It was northern reg car. Back up there now. They guy use to drive it to UCD every day when he was in college...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

Hey Blue850 do you know what color of kind of Diablo is in galway? Interesting thread, there really is not many Irish regged Lambos so?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I saw the Black 04 Gallardo on Fenian Street at lunchtime today, no tax disc on the windscreen either :eek:

It could also do with a good wash & polish!! :D

bf wrote:
    I saw the Black 04 Gallardo on Fenian Street at lunchtime today, no tax disc on the windscreen either :eek:

It could also do with a good wash & polish!! :D
    photo?

steve06 wrote:
    photo?

unfortunately not, i have a cheap phone, no camera on it!

Middle aged man driving it with token good looking female in the passenger seat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Volcano wrote:
    Wasn't there a gallardo spotted in dublin a while back?
    iremex wrote:
    i think there was a black gallardo floating about a few months ago.
    steve06 wrote:
    Black Gallardo - 04 reg
    bf wrote:
    I saw the Black 04 Gallardo on Fenian Street at lunchtime today

Is this it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Volcano wrote:
    Hey Blue850 do you know what color of kind of Diablo is in galway? Interesting thread, there really is not many Irish regged Lambos so?

The one in Galway is dark green, its on UK plates.

Is this it?

That's the one, I see the tax disc is missing in that photo too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Some of the Lamborghinis in Northern Ireland include:

The following owned by Fred Frazer, Holywood Co. Down
    Murcielago (Purple),
    LP5000 Countach (White)
    Diablo (Black)

Others include:
    Green Murcielago, Belfast,
    Yellow Diablo, Belfast (belongs to sex shop owner)
    Black 25th Anniversary Countach, Bangor Co. Down,
    Blue LP5000 Countach, Carrickfergus Co. Antrim,
    White Diablo, Ballymena Co. Antrim,
    Black Gallardo, Portadown Co. Armagh,
    Red 25th Anniversary Countach, Traynors scrapyard, Moy Co. Armagh
    Black Diablo VT Roadster, Traynors scrapyard, Moy Co. Armagh

And there are a few others I've heard of but haven't seem myself. Common as muck really...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That Murcielago is indeed in Spain, I know a friend of the owner. Apparantly an attempt was made to steal it but they only managed to get away with the wheels.
    Saw it on Nassau St. once and haven't been the same since! /swoon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

el tel wrote:
    Some of the Lamborghinis in Northern Ireland include:

The following owned by Fred Frazer, Holywood Co. Down
    Murcielago (Purple),
    LP5000 Countach (White)
    Diablo (Black)

Others include:
    Green Murcielago, Belfast,
    Yellow Diablo, Belfast (belongs to sex shop owner)
    Black 25th Anniversary Countach, Bangor Co. Down,
    Blue LP5000 Countach, Carrickfergus Co. Antrim,
    White Diablo, Ballymena Co. Antrim,
    Black Gallardo, Portadown Co. Armagh,
    Red 25th Anniversary Countach, Traynors scrapyard, Moy Co. Armagh
    Black Diablo VT Roadster, Traynors scrapyard, Moy Co. Armagh

And there are a few others I've heard of but haven't seem myself. Common as muck really...

ill ask: any pictures?:D

Advertisement