Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of house type planning application

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of these things or can provide any tips. I have a site with FPP for a 200 sqm dormer and I am looking for a change of house type to a 1.5 280 sqm dwelling.

What chance of success and how long is it likely to take to get a response from them...

best regards, baud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭secman

This represents a major change and IMO would involve a fresh application based on the OPP, and with no guarantee of sucess as the height might be a problem with the neighbouring properties.
    Also if there are no other 1.5 or 2 story houses in the area, might suggest that bungalows and dormers are preferred by the local authority. As for a time frame... the usual 8 weeks minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You will have to reapply for permission for change of house type. Time wise its the same as any planning application but in your case it wont have to be referred to engineers, EHO's etc for reports so you shouldn't have an FI request.

Chances of success?? You may as well ask for the winner of the Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Tip: Ring the planner who dealt with the initial application and ask for their opinion before going to the time and expense of submitting another application.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks for the replies !

Though, I have already chatted to the planner, they have no problem with a 1.5 storey dwelling, he set a max ridge height of 8.2m which is fine by me.

I was just curious about the likely length of time to process the app and any other useful tips.. The real bonus with having FPP already is that you are not subject to the local needs criteria when submitting for a change of house type, the planner verified this was the case.

best rgs, baud.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The time scale will still be the same as it is with a new application although as previously stated, there is no input required from the EHO, Engineers etc. It will still have to go in the local newspaper and you will have to put up a site notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

is there a possibility that:

if when originally granted planning permission for house, no tenancy clause was in the conditions (ie that person had to live in house for 5 years before selling)

when you apply for change of house type, could they theoretically impose that condition then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

is there a possibility that:

if when originally granted planning permission for house, no tenancy clause was in the conditions (ie that person had to live in house for 5 years before selling)

when you apply for change of house type, could they theoretically impose that condition then?
    In a word - No

Advertisement