Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Joseph RIP

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

As a big fan of game music, I was saddened to read this news this morning... RIP, Richard.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Gaming sound legend Richard Joseph died yesterday at the age of 53, following a short battle against lung cancer.

Joseph was responsible for an incredible list of British-developed videogaming classics over the past twenty years, including Sensible Soccer, The Chaos Engine and Cannon Fodder.

Close friend Jon Hare revealed the tragic news to Eurogamer this morning, and described Joseph as "one of my closest friends."

"He was one the pioneering British computer gaming musicians - and one of the best," added Hare.

After a stint as an EMI-signed recording artist, Joseph broke into videogaming in the mid-80s with Palace, penning memorable soundtracks for several hit C64 games such as Barbarian and Cauldron 2.

More at http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73696

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

sux :/

"War, never been so much fun"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Aw. :(

Cannon Fodder intro remains one of my favourite tunes to this day. His music will stay going for a long time to come.

Advertisement