Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop TV-out problem

• 05-03-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I've got a related problem but fell free to move.

The problem is I cannot connect the laptop to the TV, I cannot see anything on the TV and I've tried many things:

Laptop is IBM R51 with s-video tv-out
    Intel graphics controller 82852/82855 GM/GME with driver 6.14.10.3619
    Intel AIM 3.0 CodecDriver CH-7009-A/CH-7011

I'm using an s-video cable -> adaptor to scart -> TV. Tried both input/output, and all av options.

Tried HV expansion on/off in BIOS.

Tried hardware acceleration on/off.

Tried different resolutions, extended display, etc.

All the above restarting laptop with tv on each time.

But I can NEVER see the television option in the display settings, so I cannot select it. I'm pretty sure cable and adaptor work fine. I'm going mad here! I'll be eternally grateful if you could help.

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

inigo wrote:
    I've got a related problem but fell free to move.

Quit thread hijacking, get your own.

With the tv connected, cycle through the display options using Function-F7. Remember, you will have to press it a few times to cycle through and always wait a couple of seconds after pressing the keys, sometimes the display takes that long to adjust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭inigo

Sorry, I didn't intend to hijack any threads. The title of the other thread was "Viewing on TV through laptop". I just didn't want to open one unnecessarily.

Thanks for the advice but I've tried that already. This can also be done through the display options. The following options are available:

Monitor
    Laptop screen
    Intel dual display clone (for the above together)
    Extended desktop

I've tried them all but still not working. I read there should be a television option, but I've never seen it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

inigo wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't intend to hijack any threads. The title of the other thread was "Viewing on TV through laptop". I just didn't want to open one unnecessarily.

They are slightly different problems, with the same theme. What works on your laptop may not necessarily work on someone elses. We are very generous around here, we like to make sure everyone gets their own little piece of fame in their own thread. :)
    inigo wrote:
    I've tried them all but still not working. I read there should be a television option, but I've never seen it yet...

You know what, I've seen this problem a few years back and I'm damned if I can remember how to fix it. They laptop models were T20's, T30's and T40's. Try updating the drivers to see if it will do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

check bios settings to see if there is a tv-out enabled setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Would this be in any way relevant ?

ZEN

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies.

IBM/Lenovo website was the first place I looked, but all the hints/solutions I found assume a TV option I can't see anywhere, including the BIOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

do you drivers have dual monitor /cloned display support?

do you drivers have dual monitor /cloned display support?

Yes, that's supported. I even updated the BIOS, then the graphics drivers, but again, no TV detected. I checked the s-video cable and s-video-to-scart adaptor with the satellite receiver and both are fine... I don't know what else I can do.

Advertisement