Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericcsson M600i - Any good??

• 05-03-2007 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Looking into getting one, just wondering if there are any posters with details on how theirs worked out. Not widely available I have found, only sim free fro around the €400 mark, emails to O2 etc say they don't know if they are going to offer it yet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidk

Hi. I've had an m600i for a long time now and can't recommend it. Lovely size, shape and screen, but unbearably slow menus and general operation. Lack of Wifi is also a shame. Keyboard quite fiddly and not as easy to use as a qwerty alternative like the HTC S620. Lack of camera not a problem for me, but rumoured replacement later this year adds camera and more. DK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sinbadfury

The HTC S620 seems very new, you wouldnt be pushing that by any chance ;-)

Cheers for the detail on the Sony though....any good experiences out there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you looked at getting the Nokia E61 instead? I'm totally in love with mine. Nice keyboard, the right price, great web browser, fast, but most importantly it's easily pocketable. Oh, and S60 means there's lots of software for it. :)

Not to mention it has WiFi. Basically it's an exceptional device all round, especially for the price. There's a new version coming out in a few months called the E61i, which sports a slightly updated design and 2 MP camera. I don't see any reason to wait, though, unless you want the camera, as it's the same phone apart from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sinbadfury

Other than the sony I also like the Nokia E60, so I would probably go for that over the E61, seems a bit too PDA like to me. No doubt it does deliver though, but I think the E60 would suit better. A qwerty keyoard wasn't the main reason for the sony after all. Any thoughts on the E60 anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd get the E65 instead of the E60, if you don't care about the QWERTY keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Bought one online in post paddy's day haze. so far im liking it, my little girly fingers work grand on the keyboard. took a bit of getting used to but it's grand now. Screen is gorgeous on it, nice to use, lovely to look at.

main thing is to go find some apps to fill it up with, time to go rooting around online for stuffs

battery isnt amazing and applications dont seem to want to close up completely.

Advertisement