Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing Stickers

Options
  • 05-03-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We got a new 2nd hand car over the w'end. It has tinted windows which are fine but a huge Seat logo down the middle of the back window which I find a distraction & impairs my view. What's the best way to remove it without damaging the tint?
    Cheers,
    dcd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Is the Seat logo on the inside or outside of the window cause the tint will be on the inside and I'd be surprised if the Seat logo is on the inside also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

if its on the inside, then its very difficult to remove without damaging the heater elements, try using a small bit of boiling water at a time (on the outside!) and with a stanley knife, lift the edge and pull slowly away.

I take no responsibly if the window cracks while you pure water on it:)

remove any leftover sticky gum with white sprits or petrol.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i wouldn't use boiling water, turn on the heating element/use a hair dryer..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

spray the glass with glass cleaner and use a flat edge of a razor blade, taking care not to hit the heater element.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

the hairdrier is the way to go, nice and easy heat it up a little at the time then it should come off with your fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Had a heap of stickers to remove from my bike a few weeks ago, without damaging the paint work.
    Take a hair dryer and hold it over the edge of the first sticker, get it fairly hot, and peel it away with your finger nail. When you have a bit of the sticker off, pull it gently so it doesnt rip, while using the hair dryer to heat the bit you want to peel away.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

while you have the motorbike and the hairdryer handy, why not park on a dual carraigeway and scare some motorists into slowing down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

colm_mcm wrote:
    while you have the motorbike and the hairdryer handy, why not park on a dual carraigeway and scare some motorists into slowing down!

Cant... the missus wont let me take her hairdryer past the end of the driveway :rolleyes:

Advertisement