Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women wearing rings on their wedding finger when not married

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thaedydal wrote:
    How daft, really they are my fingers and what can wear what I want on them.
    If someone makes an assumption it just that thier assumption.
    Well, if you wear a well known symbol and wear it wrong people will assume wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It may have a cultural significance to them but they can't assume it is the same for everyone else who lives in this country or on this planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It'd confuse the bejaysus out of someone here if you had a ring on your ring finger AND your right ear pierced. WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

If you want to tell a guy you're off the shelf, just stay at home and warm the bed for your man while he goes out...
    there's a good girl
    <pats the girls' heads>:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

iguana wrote:
    But a huge amount of people have no clue about what way symbolism the ring has and just wear it the way it is more comfortable. I had no clue about it until I saw it on Buffy.
    Maybe it's different when you grow up within a mile or two of the Claddagh but for most of my teenage years, Claddagh rings were a useful indicator of when you could make a move and when you couldn't. :)

TBH, I can't see why anyone would wear any symbol in a fashion that virtually everybody they meet and interact with sees as expressing something if that's not something they want to express. Is it just a sake of being 'different' just for the sake of it? Sounds a bit self-indulgent if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

As if they don't confuse us enough with their crazy hormones, they have to go and fcuk with our minds some more by wearing a ring on their finger if they're not married.........it's like lucky dip ffs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

biko wrote:
    This is how to wear the Claddagh ring:

If single the ring is worn on the right hand with the heart facing outwards. Crown closest to the arm like.

If you have a boy/girlfriend the ring is then turned so the heart faced inwards.

If married the ring is worn on the left hand with the heart turned inwards, to serve as a wedding ring.

Wearing it on the left hand, facing in or out means you're taken or married.
    Hope this clear things up

Oh i wear it on teh left hand heart in, I also wear a wedding ring on the right hand (18th birhday present).

So regadless of religion, its no wonder i get no approaches! :D

But seriously, i do notice the rings on fingers. and many times i have changed the wedding ring to the wedding ring finger to avoid unwanted attention.

Advertisement