Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Green

Options
  • 05-03-2007 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I was chatting to my dad last night and the subject of where exactly College Green is came up.

From the front of Trinity College, how far down towards Dame St do you have to go before it actually becomes Dame St? The taxi rank? Central Bank? Starbucks?

What about arount to Grafton St? I noticed that above the tobacco/pipe shop there is a sign saying Grafton Street, so I guess that clears that one up.

What about back in the opposite direction towards Westmoreland St?

I know it's a really trivial post, but I'd appreciate some input, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Starbucks, and the whole building that it's in are definitely part of College Green. I guess it goes that far down Dame St. As you said already, Grafton St starts from the pipe shop. And I'm guessing that the Bank is included in College Green, but the rest is part of Westmoreland St?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

xebec wrote:
    Starbucks, and the whole building that it's in are definitely part of College Green. I guess it goes that far down Dame St. As you said already, Grafton St starts from the pipe shop. And I'm guessing that the Bank is included in College Green, but the rest is part of Westmoreland St?
    Yep, you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

that would be my interpretation also

Advertisement