Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a light switch

Options
  • 05-03-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Ok here goes, i'm moving into a house in a few weeks, its in good condition though some of the light switches could do with being replaced (aesthetic reasons) anyway how easy a job is this? could a joe soap with a bit of cop on do it, or will i end killing myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just switch off the power to that circuit at the main fuse board and you should avoid killing yourself. If you're unsure which switch it is then turn off the main switch. After that it's straight forward - just unscrew the switch face plate and then the wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Grand, thats all i needed to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Just make sure you take note of which wires go where. If you are lucky there are only 2 but in some cases there can be a lot more.

Advertisement