Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB Macro

Options
  • 05-03-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

so here's the problem....

I need to create a button on the Outlook toolbar that opens up a specific email template and I need to do this for 5 or 6 templates. Now, while this isn't a problem and is pretty easy to do the problem arises when I have to do a couple of hundred PC's with the same buttons.
    So what I needs is some kind of macro, or something similiar, I can just run that will automatically add the buttons and link them to the correct files.

does anyone know enough about programming macros to help?? or if you have any other ideas of how to do it then I'd like to hear. Anything to save the hours of tedious work that would involve manually adding each button!!

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Not much to Vb macros get a tutoral and ur off.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

VBA macros and Outlook can be messier than macros with Word/Excel/Access/etc..
    Anyhow, this may help...
    http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/formontoolbar.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Wrap the VBA in a signed ActiveX that people can run from a webpage. Email a link around to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

BostonB wrote:
    Wrap the VBA in a signed ActiveX that people can run from a webpage. Email a link around to everyone.

Sounds easy...... except I don't have any VBA code or any ActiveX knowledge so that might be a problem

Advertisement