Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry Katona

• 05-03-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I know, I know, most of us think she's a [insert insult here]. However, British celebrity magazines regularly publish photo shoots and interviews with her after each upturn/downturn in her life.

She is living her life through the media and making a lot of money doing so so my question is not whether you like Ms Katona or think she is [insert more insults here] but whether you are actually interested in any part of her life?

I ask because the magazine Editors clearly think she is worth the money so there must be thousands of people interested in reading what she has to say.

So, would you go out of your way (i.e. buy a magazine) to read a 'Kery in latest shocker' story?

Are you interested in Kerry Katona stories? 45 votes

Yes, I live for those stories
    0% 0 votes
    No, I'd rather die than read those stories
    6% 3 votes
    A Kerry story would be one factor influencing my 'buy' decision
    84% 38 votes
    Huh? I thought Kerry was an Irish county?
    8% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Absolutely not, she is quite frankly a pneumatic chav and it just goes to show how much money Max Clifford can make for his clients. I tend to skip any article relating to her as it's always Brian & Delta shocker/Mother's article sell-out shocker/New husband drug-dealing shocker/Kerry's cocaine hell shocker. Erm, none of it's shocking, she is a loud guttersnipe, no idea why so many column inches are devoted to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think it's the train wreck element that makes her such a popular choice for the British tabloids; she's gone from seemingly having everything (happy marriage, kids, successful career, liked by the public) to a divorced single mum who gets into dodgy relationships and may or may not have a drug problem*

Personally I don't care and in fact probably wouldn't buy a magazine if she was the main story on the cover. She just doesn't interest me. She doesn't seem to work anymore (aside from those Iceland ads) so it's just a has-bean self-destructing in public.

And while Britney has been doing exactly the same thing, I find it way easier to feel sympathy for Britney. She could still have a career if all this blows over. Kerry is just milking it for all she can.

*Yes, I know the stories are out there but think it's better to veer on the safe side of a potentially legally-dodgy issue. That goes for all of y'all by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Absolutely not, she is quite frankly a pneumatic chav

Lol :D Well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I always bypass anynews story about her. Its not cos I dislike her but there is no aspect of her life that is remotly intresting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 student uselass

She's married to a cabbie, and is the spokesperson for Iceland!!! How the hell does she end up on the front page of everything:confused: , she was a bit of celeb back when she was in Atomic Kitten and dating the guy from Westlfe, But the band is over, the relationship is over, and we are so over her, Pat Kenny stop interviewing her, photographers stop picturing her...let her receed into bad pop history!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Kerry+Katona_571_17658894_0_0_6620_300.jpg

That is why I hate Kerry Katona. For inspiring that truly horrid pose that girls all over the country think looks attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

She must be one of the most annoying celebrities around, IMO.

Firstly that accent does my head in :mad: , and as Archimedes said, she seems to have "inspired" that stick-your-tongue-out look.

I have to say I am amazed at how much media coverage she gets, given the fact that she hasn't done much of note in 3 or 4 years :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

ah shes just a..... grr... I have no energy to be wasting on the likes of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sick of seeing her. Go away Kerry, your turn in the spotlight is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

It should have never been her turn in the first place.... She didn't even SING in Atomic Kitten!! She got the talkin parts! Cos her gobs so big!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Kerry Katona on cover = slow news week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

I voted:

A Kerry story would be one factor influencing my 'buy' decision

...as in NOT to buy if she was on the front!!!

The lowest of the low was when her baby was born cold and she described it as "a frozen chicken from Iceland"....not Tesco or Sainsburys then Kerry???

• Registered Users Posts: 13 karenp

Nope i wouldn't waste my time reading stories about her.

Advertisement