Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP Internet gateway disabling every so often

• 05-03-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Hi

Few issues with my broadband, and trying to figure out if its the network or something else. Up till 2 weeks ago it was fine.

We have an NTL modem and there is a Belkin 54G wireless router in front of that.

I connect to the network which is secured with WPA/PSK and I am given an IP address. Trying to browse the web can be flakey at this stage. Before this is all i needed to do.

I enabled uPNP on the router and enabled the services on my machine.

I used the Setup home/small business network and it created an internet gateway on my machine. I have set it that we connect through a network hub and have tried the residential gateway option as well.

Browsing seems to go fine now, but every so often the gateway disables itself and drops the internet connection.

Now i am not too sure if this is the modem disconnecting or not. When i browse to the web UI of the router it says that its not connected to the WAN and when i reenable the Internet gateway, it reconnects to the web.

My question is there a way to ensure that the gateway stays up or remove the need for this as I dont really need to use uPNP as I can configure the router manually to ensure that no ports are opened by accident..

Any ideas welcome

Advertisement