Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron (/cry)

Options
  • 05-03-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Link was sent to me by a colleague - did a quick check in recent topics to see if was posted before.

Someone's had a very bad day...

http://www.e39m5.com/stuff/veyron_damaged.JPG
    ...:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

i told her not to take it to the shop :( but hey i have 2 more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

With enough money that will look brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

this lp640 had a bad day too.... - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW9CfM2fl3E
    kind of odd that the airbags didn't even go off though...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,392 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The first big Veyron crash on the road :(

Looks like it happened in Surrey (UK). Cause was probably aquaplaning

there's another one on wreckedexotics.com - looks like it's on a track though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Someone has to say it....

It'll polish out

• Registered Users Posts: 65,392 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

steve06 wrote:
    there's another one on wreckedexotics.com - looks like it's on a track though.

That's just a scare - no crash!

The only other one I've heard about was a pre-production model during track testing iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Now there ya go see!!! After all the money ya spend on a car, servicing etc, its always the nut that holds the wheel that causes the problem...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I dunno, I think that road looks like the road out from Ballybrit......LOL :D:D:p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

:eek: OMG, what a bad day for that person :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They'll probably lose their no claims too. bad job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea T-cut should sort ya. I think it's improved the looks a bit. Damn, they are an ugly looking car.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Jaaaaysus, it looks worse than it is. It's all carbon-fibre.

It probably hit a falling leaf at 50 km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have a limited amount of sympathy for the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Imagine the queue down at the breaker's yard!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Yakuza wrote:
    Link was sent to me by a colleague - did a quick check in recent topics to see if was posted before.

Someone's had a very bad day...

http://www.e39m5.com/stuff/veyron_damaged.JPG
    ...:eek:

*pukes*

Got ths online.....

"We’ve seen plenty of smashed Ferrari Enzos but this is the first time we’ve across images of a wrecked Bugatti Veyron. Information is sketchy, but it’s thought that a pool of water on the road caused the AWD supercar to lose traction and then spin out of control, sending it head first into a ditch near Shepperton in the UK. Most of the cabin section and engine compartment look relatively undamaged, however, it’s hard to determine what internal damage to the drivetrain there is if any. Hopefully the driver got out unscathed.

According to the source, this is the first time a private customer has actually crashed a Veyron. Engineers reportedly destroyed two prototype examples during testing, which was part of the reason for the long delays during the vehicle’s development."
    veyron_smash02_1.jpg

found this too.... it's the 1999 Veyron Prototype and the first new veyron prototype...
    184861345_20b3980508_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

According tot he local constabulary, it's a 40mph stretch of road. They Veyron was going in excess of 100mph, aquaplaned, spun and hit a Vauxhall Astra coming in the opposite direction driven by a pregnant lady.

They Veyron was only a week old, and was rented out by the owner to the driver, for the princely sum of £20k

Insurance assessors are currently looking at it to see if it is repairable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

More pictures of the accident in bbc news
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/surrey/6422215.stm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Rabies wrote:
    More pictures of the accident in bbc news
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/surrey/6422215.stm

Its only a car...........a good Isopon job will sort that out!!!!

• Advertisement

testicle wrote:
    According tot he local constabulary, it's a 40mph stretch of road. They Veyron was going in excess of 100mph, aquaplaned, spun and hit a Vauxhall Astra coming in the opposite direction driven by a pregnant lady.

They Veyron was only a week old, and was rented out by the owner to the driver, for the princely sum of £20k

Insurance assessors are currently looking at it to see if it is repairable.
    How do you know it was rented.As far as i know it was owned by a pakistani and his brother crashed it.It was also the same story in the newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

drdre wrote:
    How do you know it was rented. As far as i know it was owned by a Pakistani and his brother crashed it. It was also the same story in the newspaper.

Reports online yesterday claimed that it was rented out for 20K and crashed by a "young driver". Then the later ones said that it was crashed by the guy and his brother, who ran various car hire businesses with their father. So it now appears that while they (did) rent out the car for 20K a day, it wasn't actually rented out at the time of the crash.

According to one story I read, the father arrived at the scene, read them the riot act and then drove off - leaving them stranded in the rain :p

phutyle wrote:
    Reports online yesterday claimed that it was rented out for 20K and crashed by a "young driver". Then the later ones said that it was crashed by the guy and his brother, who ran various car hire businesses with their father. So it now appears that while they (did) rent out the car for 20K a day, it wasn't actually rented out at the time of the crash.

According to one story I read, the father arrived at the scene, read them the riot act and then drove off - leaving them stranded in the rain :p

Yeah thats what i heard.It wasnt rented out at the time of the crash as it was driven by the brother but it was owned by a guy who rents out loads of flash cars.Anyway its crashed now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

steve06 wrote:
    184861345_20b3980508_o.jpg
    Looks a little like an EB110, only less.... square.

Edit: maybe not so much!Bugatti%20EB110%201994%20-%201024x768.jpg

Advertisement