Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shamrock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

..............................................uh.......................eh? dear god bloody americans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

lord i remember this one . only ever seen her once in a comic book and it was the incredible hulk years ago when he tried to get a pardon for his past offenses.

ya gotta laugh at the americans when it comes to racial sterotyping. this ones almost as bad as banshee and black tom (cause ,like, everyone in ireland either owns a castle or carries a sheleighly :D )

like, everyone in ireland either owns a castle or carries a sheleighly :D )

we do? dang why am i the last to find out about everything!!

I saw her only the once towards the end of the first run of excalibur [it was a triple digit issue number] but she was retired at that point so i didnt see the full SHAMROCK get up

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Oh I'm starting a letter writing campaign demanding the return of this fine character!

On a more serious note, as far as I know Black Tom is actually Scottish and not Irish.

the Shades wrote:
    Oh I'm starting a letter writing campaign demanding the return of this fine character!

On a more serious note, as far as I know Black Tom is actually Scottish and not Irish.

nope he is irish, born in Dublin according to his bio and sure he's banshee's cousin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

"Her 'good luck' powers?" Oh, sweet jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

ztoical wrote:
    we do? dang why am i the last to find out about everything!!

I saw her only the once towards the end of the first run of excalibur [it was a triple digit issue number] but she was retired at that point so i didnt see the full SHAMROCK get up

ya know sinse banshee's died siryns inherited the family land which is half of mayo/galway. considering how much real estates going for now if i was her i'd chuck the superhero gig and flog it to some property developers for millions. now that would be representative of modern ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Ha! I love how Brain Drain tried to manipulate Shamrock into assassinating "Ireland's President"... Can't imagine anything having a smaller impact than off-ing McAleese ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Folex wrote:
    Ha! I love how Brain Drain tried to manipulate Shamrock into assassinating "Ireland's President"... Can't imagine anything having a smaller impact than off-ing McAleese ;)

oh no, now we've got to have an election :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

F*ck me, it's hideous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

There should be a superhero group made up of just these sort of people.

"The League of Racial Stereotypes!!"

Who else could we put in??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sounds like that would be Section 8 to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

What an awesome costume she has though...

Maybe we should all collaborate on a special unofficial Shamrock comic to celebrate Paddy's Day?

No takers?

That sounds like enough of a larf for me to contribute to it, actually....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

Most of you probably know that Shamrock first appeared in Contest of the Champions.

If you think she's a stereotype, take a look at that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

the Shades wrote:
    Maybe we should all collaborate on a special unofficial Shamrock comic to celebrate Paddy's Day?

No takers?

I'm a bit late for Paddys Day, but yeah, sounds like fun. Count me in

Has anyone figured out how an online comic jam works? I was trying to figure it out on Paddy's Day but it baffled me and I was too lazy to decided if I really cared that much! :p

Advertisement