Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Euro Car Rental

Options
  • 05-03-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Looking to rent a car in europe for two weeks over the summer, however im under 21 so hertz is out sadly, iv been lookin around and found a few places, but just thought id ask here to see if anyone has particularly good experience with any company in particular?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

It depends on where you are actually travelling to. 21 years and over is the norm, but there are exceptions.

I would try www.autoeurope.com or give their reservations a call for the options. They represent numerous car hire firms so a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

which is the best country to travel to, anybody have any idea? we're thinkin france at the mo, rent out a nice merc or bmw for 1500 or so for the two weeks, maybe another country nearby is cheaper? we're doing a circle of europe so wherever really, its not important, i suppose the cheaper the country [economy wise], the cheaper the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I'm 23 and recently in France all I could rent out was a Ford Ka - need to be 25 I think to rent out anything larger. That was with Europcar I believe - booked through a site called CarTrawler.

In Ireland I couldnt even rent out ANY car (with hertz) so I guess its better than nothing.

Advertisement