Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N73 problems

• 05-03-2007 7:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    purchased an N73 about 3 weeks ago from Voadfone and I have been having a series of problems. First is dead pixels-3 in the lower left. Secondly, I regularly have to turn off and then on my phone during the day because when I try to make a call, it tells me "call not allowed". And now today I notice that there is a white fleck in behind the camera lens which is causing blobs on my pics.

Anyone else having similar problems? Could I ask Vodafone for a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

I'd ask for a replacement, see what they say. If the camera isnt working as it should, I'd say your entitled to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

yea im having a few of those problems too!! especially the "call not allowed" its really annoying. and the software is so slow, even going through your text can be painful because of how slow it is to open them. and does anyone know what the little blue flashing light is on the fone? it scared the hell out of me the first nite when i turned off the light!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

When you buy they phone,vodafone have the camera set on medium which makes the camera 2mp,but when you change it to large it change to 3.2 mp which takes up alot more space on the memory card/phone memory. Also i heard people saying that the blue flashing light,when the phone is on standby, is something to do with the reception the phone is recieving....thats what i heard but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

hi, yeah I had the same prob with call not allowed comes up if the phone receives a slight impact,think its a safety thing, and the blue light is for when the phone is in sleep mode which you can turn on and off in display settings also I put a 1gb card in it works a dream, great for full movies and pics and music

PADRAIC.M wrote:
    I put a 1gb card in it works a dream, great for full movies and pics and music
    Where did you get your 1gb card PADRAIC.M??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Blue flashing light, at least for the N80, signified power saving mode. You can turn off this setting if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Any word on Vodafone releasing a firmware upgrade to get rid of these problems??

I for one am well happy with the phone but the 'Call Not Allowed' error can be annoying as can the problem of not being able to send txts some times!

My firmware version is V3.0638.0.02, but the Nokia site says the most uptodate version is V3.0704.1.0.1.

But when I run the Nokia updater it says my current version is the most uptodate :confused:

Apparently Vodafone have to give the go ahead before we can update to the actual newest firmware version!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

branners69 wrote:
    Any word on Vodafone releasing a firmware upgrade to get rid of these problems??

I for one am well happy with the phone but the 'Call Not Allowed' error can be annoying as can the problem of not being able to send txts some times!

My firmware version is V3.0638.0.02, but the Nokia site says the most uptodate version is V3.0704.1.0.1.

But when I run the Nokia updater it says my current version is the most uptodate :confused:

Apparently Vodafone have to give the go ahead before we can update to the actual newest firmware version!!!

Actually Nokia have to release a Vodafone branded V3.07, V3.06 is the latest Vodafone IE version of their firmware

I reflashed a colleague's N73 to generic V3.07 last week and he finds the phone alot more stable and faster now.

If you are around Dublin or Wicklow can do it for you

skearon wrote:
    If you are around Dublin or Wicklow can do it for you

I work in Ballsbridge area & live on the Northside!!!

Cheers anyways, will just have to wait for the vodafone release!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

can anyone email me firmware for the 73? just got the not allowed thing when answering a call. i got rid of the 3d ring tones which seemd to stop it hangin up when you answer a call, but its still not ideal.
    i tried updating on the nokia site but none available.

i got v2.0628.0.0.1 rm-133

cheers.

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote:
    I work in Ballsbridge area & live on the Northside!!!

Cheers anyways, will just have to wait for the vodafone release!

Unfortunately there may never be one as the Irish networks always seem be the last to get/request updates

legs11 wrote:
    i got v2.0628.0.0.1 rm-133

that seems a pretty old version of the firmware, what network you on?? and when you run the nokia updater does it say there is no other version available?

skearon wrote:
    Unfortunately there may never be one as the Irish networks always seem be the last to get/request updates

Sh1te, can I upgrade the firmware another way??

im on 3, how can i update this bloody thing. christ on a bike..........nokia updater says no way jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Bummer wrote:
    Where did you get your 1gb card PADRAIC.M??

any good camera shop have them as they are just normal mini sd cards like in some camera's only 40 yo yo's quite reasonable I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

You could flash the phone using the Nokia update software to change the product code here.
    Chose your product code here usually either Euro 1 or 2 depending on which languages you want installed. Note this will completely erase everything on the phone so backup first but it does install generic firmware on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

PADRAIC.M wrote:
    any good camera shop have them as they are just normal mini sd cards like in some camera's only 40 yo yo's quite reasonable I thought.
    Should've looked online. Got a 2gig card from 7dayshop for around 24 euro.

Slurms wrote:
    Should've looked online. Got a 2gig card from 7dayshop for around 24 euro.
    Nice one....Is 7dayshop a good website to order-off...Any good feedback??

centre: that site is dodgey in the extreme, if you go ahead and tamper with the product code and then the fone breaks your screwed as nokia wont touch it if its been tampered with

think i will send this to the nokia centre to get flashed. no point having an expensive phone that crashes, not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

Bummer wrote:

I got a 2GB card from FastMemoryMan on eBay. He is based in UK. Only cost me €19.50 inc postage and I received it in 3 working days.

right, i went for the kill and changed my product code and now i got nice music edition firmware.

no need to give it to nokia repair people after all,

only bug i noticed now is u cant close the goddamn music player with the 'c' key........

• Advertisement

legs11 wrote:
    right, i went for the kill and changed my product code and now i got nice music edition firmware.

no need to give it to nokia repair people after all,

only bug i noticed now is u cant close the goddamn music player with the 'c' key........

It's not actually a bug it's to allow quick access to the music player through the multimedia key.

hey legs11 is it difficult to change the product code?

After you change the product code did you just run the nokia software updater and it installed the music edition firmware??

Did you use the links that center15 mentioned in post 16??

Sorry for all the questions!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bummer wrote:
    Yeah they're great. Any time I've ordered off them its always arrived at my door within 5 working days. Very reliable. And great prices too.

69, its basic thing to do, just make sure you got your pc or laptop on mains, likewise your phone.
    if things go belly up when your updating the flash its not good news.

so basically, just use the program explained earlier on this thread to change the product code, i used the 1st code listed on page one of the hack.for europe.

then you can run nokia updater as normal, i got a 75 meg file flashed onto my n73.

so no more NOT ALLOWED crap.

how do i exit the music player/???????
    cant use c key.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 server_girl

just got the N73 today :D first impressions, quite slow but there is only a 256mb card in it... do you guys recommend getting a 2gb card rather than a 1gb. does the phone actually use the card for RAM? that's the only way I could understand how the phone would get faster with large mem card.

how u mean slow? mine is fine. have you old firmware on it? key in
    hash,star,0,0,0,0,hash and find out.

a 1g or 2g wouldnt make much of a difference, the mem cards are used to store info thats all.

Does anyone know the product code of the our Irish Vodafone N73's in case I want to change back from the Music Edition??

branners69 wrote:
    Does anyone know the product code of the our Irish Vodafone N73's in case I want to change back from the Music Edition??
    It's written under the battery. Just a quick note too you cant change back the firmware unless a newer version of the N73 software comes out which out dates the Music Edition on your phone. You can never downgrade firmware on the phone and from what I read on the net if you do manage to your phone will be bricked.

cheers center15!!

• Advertisement

center15 wrote:
    It's written under the battery. Just a quick note too you cant change back the firmware unless a newer version of the N73 software comes out which out dates the Music Edition on your phone. You can never downgrade firmware on the phone and from what I read on the net if you do manage to your phone will be bricked.

Actually you can now downgrade BB5 phones safely

Advertisement