Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N73 problems

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Have updated to the Music Edition firmware am happy overall but am wondering if anyone has a solution to the camera always making the 'taking a picture' noise, even when the phone is on silent it makes the noise!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i updated to Music Edition aswell but has anyone else noticed that the font size has changed?

any way to get it back to the font size of the previous normal n73?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ok my memory card slot wont close, the phone is about 6 weeks old, if I take it too the shop will they givee me a new one ;) or try to fix it

Does anyone know if the original N73 Vodafone firmware has been updated, or is it still V3.0638.0.02??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

plonk wrote:
    Ok my memory card slot wont close, the phone is about 6 weeks old, if I take it too the shop will they givee me a new one ;) or try to fix it
    if it wasn't like that when you bought it they might do neither. if its customer damage the warranty is void and they either won't repair it or they'll charge you

a bitch i know

if they decide that it was a manufacturer fault, they'll probably send it off. where did you buy it?

• Advertisement

if it wasn't like that when you bought it they might do neither. if its customer damage the warranty is void and they either won't repair it or they'll charge you

a bitch i know

if they decide that it was a manufacturer fault, they'll probably send it off. where did you buy it?

Ya i feel like an idiot, it turns out i was just doing it wrong. I was using the cover for the memory card to push it in but I didnt realise that I had to push the memory card in first and that the cover is only that-- a cover

plonk wrote:
    Ya i feel like an idiot, it turns out i was just doing it wrong. I was using the cover for the memory card to push it in but I didnt realise that I had to push the memory card in first and that the cover is only that-- a cover
    do you mean the adapter for putting it in a standard SD card slot? tbh that is a bit confusing. as far as i know, the memory card is already slotted into the adapter when you get the phone so its quite easy not to notice that they separate.

or were they together when you bought it?

No the cover for the memory card slot on the n73, I was using this to push in the memory card, but you have to push the memory card in first with your nail until you hear it click and then just close the cover.

You see i change the memory card alot as i have 2 cards a 2gig and a 1gb and I bought a pen drive which accepts memory cards so i can take stuff instantly off my phone and put in on to my computer

plonk wrote:
    No the cover for the memory card slot on the n73, I was using this to push in the memory card, but you have to push the memory card in first with your nail until you hear it click and then just close the cover.

You see i change the memory card alot as i have 2 cards a 2gig and a 1gb and I bought a pen drive which accepts memory cards so i can take stuff instantly off my phone and put in on to my computer
    ah i see. i have seen that happen but not too often :)

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but if I was to use the Nemesis programme can I go back to using the original N73 Vodafone firmware?

I changed my product code so as I could use the N73 Music Edition firmware, which was more stable at the time.

I want to change back but is there a chance that I could brick my phone?

Cheers

Branners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

branners69 wrote:
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but if I was to use the Nemesis programme can I go back to using the original N73 Vodafone firmware?

I changed my product code so as I could use the N73 Music Edition firmware, which was more stable at the time.

I want to change back but is there a chance that I could brick my phone?

Cheers

Branners

check the firmware version availability here for the product code written on the silver sticker (may be 0541728 if it's Vodafone) and if it is higher than the ME firmware installed on phone, then no problem.
    If not you could try 0527009 or 0529790 which are EURO 1 SIM free versions

nazoil wrote:
    check the firmware version availability here for the product code written on the silver sticker (may be 0541728 if it's Vodafone) and if it is higher than the ME firmware installed on phone, then no problem.
    If not you could try 0527009 or 0529790 which are EURO 1 SIM free versions

the sticker on the back says 0527009 (even though it was bought in a Vodafone shop!) and according to the Nokia site the most recent firmware for this product is 4.0726.2.0.1 whilst I have 4.0727.2.2.1. I cant remember what product code I used in order to install the Music Edition firmware on the phone.

So because I have a higher firmware on my phone I cant do anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

branners69 wrote:
    the sticker on the back says 0527009 (even though it was bought in a Vodafone shop!) and according to the Nokia site the most recent firmware for this product is 4.0726.2.0.1 whilst I have 4.0727.2.2.1. I cant remember what product code I used in order to install the Music Edition firmware on the phone.

So because I have a higher firmware on my phone I cant do anything?

I wouldn't do anything until the next version is available for 0527009. If there is an urgent need to do change, it can be done professionally.

I'll wait so, cheers for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Should've looked online. Got a 2gig card from 7dayshop for around 24 euro.
    shop for memory selling 1gig micro sd with 2adapters for €21

Advertisement