Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stretch marks

• 05-03-2007 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good natural or cosmetic stretch mark cures that have worked well for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

There is ways of concealing them but ive just learnt to live with and be proud of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Bio Oil is supposed to be good
    My cousin used it on stretch marks on her tummy, and the scar from a c-section, and both practically disappeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I second the Bio Oil, ive heard great things about it. Ask in your pharmacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

just have to reiterate asim sure the more people who say it the more you'l believe but bio-oil really is a godsend (sorry cant even spell it, but it's true!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

fatal wrote:
    There is ways of concealing them but ive just learnt to live with and be proud of them

PROUD of them??? really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I third Bio Oil its fabulous

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Where can you get bio-oil? Is it on the shelves, or do you have to ask a pharmacist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Eat alota Vitamin E! But I think that's more of a prevention than a cure. Meh, couldn't hurt anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Faith wrote:
    Where can you get bio-oil? Is it on the shelves, or do you have to ask a pharmacist?

It's on the shelf. I'm not sure if it helps with stretch marks as they tend to fade away by themselves anyway so it's hard to tell if it's time or the oil at work but it does smell lovely and it makes a good moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Ok guys got my bio oil today. Il let yee know how it works out. Cheers for the tips as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

PROUD of them??? really?

It's a gym thing. ;)

Bio-oil was really expensive! :eek:

I don't think I dislike my stretch marks that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Dragan wrote:
    It's a gym thing. ;)

Or a baby thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

or a weight gain/loss thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

*sighs* Guys , i was reffering to a previous poster question about why Fatal would be proud of stretch marks.

Not implying that the gym is the only way to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Faith wrote:

I don't think I dislike my stretch marks that much!

Its a tenner last bottle I got. Works really well for burns as well, although imo regular application is absolutely essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I used Bio-Oil and it didn't really work that well for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Last time I used bio-oil it was cheap enough but that was a while ago. If the stretch mark/scar is old than it can`t help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

If you dont wanna splash out for bio-oil I've heard that cocoa butter creams and aloe vera creams are pretty good. I've never used them but sure they're worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Faith wrote:

............one bottle also lasts for months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

fatal wrote:
    be proud of them

Let your stretch marks, wrinkles and tattoos tell your story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

bio oil sounds amazing :-O

I found it in Superdrug over here. The smallest bottle was on offer, 2 pounds off, and it was still something like £11!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

Anyone have any experience of laser surgery to remove stretch marks?

Advertisement