Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well worth a Visit "Limerick"

Options
  • 05-03-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I was in the City of Limerick last Saturday, waterpark u-18 u-16 came up from the south east to play a Rugby match in young Munster's pitch. Limerick is, as my wife pointed out a shopper paradise and the Crescent shopping Mall a treat, I found it very easy to get around the City, and on the couple of occasion when I got lost I never at any time felt afraid to get out of my car to ask for directions.
    As I said before the real Limerick city is there just waiting to be discovered, I will be visiting Limerick again and the next time I will stay for the weekend.

PS: We lost both matches,::) ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Here here,

myself and the Girlfriend went down to Limerick for Valentines and had a one of the best Weekends ever, we're still talking about it, and recommending it to everyone we know. The pubs, clubs, restaurants, just walking aound the city, along the Shannon, everything.

The Icon was the winner, absolutly loved it. Trinity Rooms was very impressive but can't beat the Icon. That pub, "The Old Quater" was really good too, the outside part anyway. Really enjoyed Nancy Blake's, went there on the Firday night so wasn't too full. Smyths was impressive, enjoyed Charlie Chaplins. Best pub for me thou was The Locke, or The Lock Inn or something, real cozy place and great for the Sunday pub grub lunch.

We are both from Galway and TBH the place is a little snotty and stuck up, which we didn't realise until we got to Limerick, so laid back, relaxed and not full of people trying to be "Cool"

I posted up ere before looking for advice. Folks, cheers for the advice, we'll be back!

Folks, be proud of yer city, I would love to spend more time there.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm actually so chuffed to hear "foreigners" say that about Limerick, especially city foreigners....it's kinda fairly obvious that the lads in college from down the country are going to be happy with it as it's a lot bigger than what they're used to, but people from the cities are warming to Limerick I think!!

Can't say that I've ever been out in Galway or anywhere outside Dunmore in Waterford (will fix during the summer), but the general impression is that Galway is the club capital of Ireland, CUBA getting great mention with any of the lads that went up for RAG week, but I suppose students have different expectations!!

I'll agree that the Locke is a nice little pub, nice place to go for a few quite ones before hitting a club or a bigger pub...never eaten there....One thing that's good about the Icon for Limerick people is that you get a very mixed crowd, but in Trooms you can't go to the courtyard without bumping into a few schoolfriends (or people you'd rather forget).

Nancy's does get crowded but agian is a great little place to start a staff party or somethin like that....Flannery's has just opened 2 doors up which is great by all accounts (must take a trip)

Charlies is even a bit of a young crowd for my liking and I'm 20, but the Old Quarter is somewhere they're kinda strict on the age limit....for students and leaving certs that are visiting Molly's is a very good pub/club to go to...no cover and late bar/disco.

@ soldering iron: If your wife was impressed by the Crescent, wait til the Parks Brothers finish with all the retail parks on the east of the city...now there's a family that's proud of its home and is prepared to put its money where its mouth is to show it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

yay...spread the word. Its not all bad...just what you hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

or anywhere outside Dunmore in Waterford (will fix during the summer),

If you would like any information about Waterford city/ County please do not hesitate to ask me.We have some great mountain walks, beaches and excelent golf courses and of course our historical city.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm smiling when reading this thread.

So nice to get some positive feedback on the city.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's cool because it's so rare.....

Don't get me wrong, it's completely justified and great to see, but it's a sign of the times that we're so surprised and delighted to read it.

It's a bit like someone telling Roy Keane that they thought he could play well. Roy had his moments too, but no-one would be surprised to read that someone thought he was a good player.

Still, thanks a mil to the posters who did post this; the fact that it's welcome and overdue doesn't take from the fact that it's still required and very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Liam Byrne wrote:
    It's cool because it's so rare.....

Don't get me wrong, it's completely justified and great to see, but it's a sign of the times that we're so surprised and delighted to read it.

It's a bit like someone telling Roy Keane that they thought he could play well. Roy had his moments too, but no-one would be surprised to read that someone thought he was a good player.

Still, thanks a mil to the posters who did post this; the fact that it's welcome and overdue doesn't take from the fact that it's still required and very much appreciated.

The population of this Country should know, that Limerick City/ County is a great place to visit, forget the begrudgers .:D :)

Advertisement