Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Care through distance learning

Options
  • 05-03-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I would love to study animal care and going to college isn't an option for me now cause im in debt and i dont want to start college owing money. So the only option is home study. And ireland doesn't offer home study courses in animal care, so im going to have to pick from a uk college.

Dca (website www.dcalearn.co.uk) and Stonbridge (website www.stonebridge.uk.com) both offers home study courses including courses in Animal Care. But my question is has anyone studied with either of these colleges before. I'd like to get some advice before i pay, cause i could be wasting my money.

Theres another college , Barony www.barony.ac.uk . It is a genuine college but it sounds expensive at 80pounds a unit. And theres 11 units in the course.

What do you people reckon i should do???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

The DCA course sounds great & it is run together with Barony, I have been looking for something similar myself and think this is the one I will be going for.

Good Luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

UL run equine science through distance learning,maybe if you contact them they could help you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

lisajane wrote:
    I would love to study animal care and going to college isn't an option for me now cause im in debt and i dont want to start college owing money. So the only option is home study. And ireland doesn't offer home study courses in animal care, so im going to have to pick from a uk college.

Dca (website www.dcalearn.co.uk) and Stonbridge (website www.stonebridge.uk.com) both offers home study courses including courses in Animal Care. But my question is has anyone studied with either of these colleges before. I'd like to get some advice before i pay, cause i could be wasting my money.

Theres another college , Barony www.barony.ac.uk . It is a genuine college but it sounds expensive at 80pounds a unit. And theres 11 units in the course.

What do you people reckon i should do???

I am quite interested in doing Veterinary Assistance but like you I would not be able to go to college full time.

I am just wondering if that course would be recognised over here or would it be a waste of time?

Are there any other distance learning courses that would be better or more recognised here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Hey d-redser. Thats exactly what iv been still looking for. A course that is still more recognised here. I honestly have no idea what courses are recognised here. I suppose it wouldn't matter cause ul learn the same thing anyway whether its uk recognised or not.

Advertisement