Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shortest road to "making it"

• 05-03-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

whats the quickest way to start a band and getting a record deal?
    I play guitar, bass and I sing a little.
    I believe playing covers is a complete waste of time. Why?
    You invariably cant play it quite as well as the original( studio tricks, 100 takes to get the vocal right, overdubbing ect).
    Also its the easy way out. Its not that hard to get your band to cover an oasis song or such like.
    I am writting songs at the moment and I am hoping to get a band together for the summer. Any advice?
    I think originality is key, also a couple of decent hooks.
    If the stereophonics can make it why cant I!!
    I have some unusual/controversial influences.
    television, lou reed, libertines, pumpkins
    If in july I have a few song together, and a few bandmates I think the logical plan would be :
    1. Have a gig and get sinn fein to organise a riot outside it when you tell them you are covering god save the queen( not the sex pistols version)
    2. Busk outside RTE and get arrested for heckling pat kenny.
    3. Hijack a radio station and just play your only two song back to back for 4 hours)
    4. Have guerrila gigs everywhere in town, on the luas, outside the central mental hospital, outside mountjoy ect.
    5. slip your cd into any "celebrity`s" shopping bag when they are out shopping.
    6. Have a very liberal stance towards drugs( this doesnt mean taking them)
    7. Have a vision, a rallying call( like the lost guy from manic steet preachers)
    8. Play in as many pubs as possible
    9. Date a model
    10. Have an on/off ,:) will they/wont they relationship with a model

Pete doherty has talent, beg steal or borrow( was on Jonathon Ross show)
    is a gem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Right....

I don't see how THAT ^ utter crap you've just spouted will get you anyway close to the goal you've set yourself of "making it".

Normally i don't humour trolls but....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HeroinIsSo90's

Enlil_Nick wrote:
    ok.
    ^^ What he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Why hate what this guy said? It certainly put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

zero51 wrote:
    9. Date a model

Oh, so that's where I've been going wrong all this time, I've been shooing away all the models that've been coming on to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zero51

Guide to making it is not a set way, its only fun so lighten up dudes!!

"no one should take themselves so seriously, with many year ahead to fall in line"

On a serious note who wants to be told the secret of creativity when it would ruin it for everyone else.

Ok then so does anyone have any better way of making it?
    I thought bringing sein fein in would bring some much needed punk/anarchy
    elements!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I'm ready to say what I think but I have one question, what is your idea of making it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

frobisher wrote:
    I'm ready to say what I think but I have one question, what is your idea of making it?

well...
    zero51 wrote:
    6. Have a very liberal stance towards drugs(this means taking them)
    9. Date a model

Good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I assume we're talking about making dinner, yeah? I've found models get in the way, I like to have unobstructed access to all areas of the kitchen and drugs make for shaky hands, which leads to unfortunate spillages. That being said, I made it last night and I'll make it again tonight! Yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Christine - MCR

zero51 wrote:
    whats the quickest way to start a band and getting a record deal?
    I play guitar, bass and I sing a little.
    I believe playing covers is a complete waste of time. Why?
    You invariably cant play it quite as well as the original( studio tricks, 100 takes to get the vocal right, overdubbing ect).
    Also its the easy way out. Its not that hard to get your band to cover an oasis song or such like.
    I am writting songs at the moment and I am hoping to get a band together for the summer. Any advice?
    I think originality is key, also a couple of decent hooks.
    If the stereophonics can make it why cant I!!
    I have some unusual/controversial influences.
    television, lou reed, libertines, pumpkins
    If in july I have a few song together, and a few bandmates I think the logical plan would be :
    1. Have a gig and get sinn fein to organise a riot outside it when you tell them you are covering god save the queen( not the sex pistols version)
    2. Busk outside RTE and get arrested for heckling pat kenny.
    3. Hijack a radio station and just play your only two song back to back for 4 hours)
    4. Have guerrila gigs everywhere in town, on the luas, outside the central mental hospital, outside mountjoy ect.
    5. slip your cd into any "celebrity`s" shopping bag when they are out shopping.
    6. Have a very liberal stance towards drugs( this doesnt mean taking them)
    7. Have a vision, a rallying call( like the lost guy from manic steet preachers)
    8. Play in as many pubs as possible
    9. Date a model

Pete doherty has talent, beg steal or borrow( was on Jonathon Ross show)
    is a gem.

Ha dude you sound like you've got what it takes to make it, love of music, sense of humour and lil crazy in a good way!

Yo if you need an assistant to help organise things give me a pm or something im trying to get into band management and i'm looking to work with a few artists as PA/Assistant to gain some experience. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I like stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Ha dude you sound like you've got what it takes to make it, love of music, sense of humour and lil crazy in a good way!

Yo if you need an assistant to help organise things give me a pm or something im trying to get into band management and i'm looking to work with a few artists as PA/Assistant to gain some experience. :D
    You'll go far.....

Advertisement