Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB Connection Problems

Options
  • 05-03-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello all
    Please help! I have a ZyXEL wireless Router and when I attempt to access the net I get a solid red light/led for the internet connection. The WLAN is green and the DSL is also green. I have been told that it might be a
    authentication problem, but I haven't touched any settings in over a year. I can normally access the net during the day, but the problem seems to kick in at night. I have been in touch with BT but to no avail, as yet.
    Regards
    Cord

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I've been experiencing problems with my BT connection also - but for over a month now on and off..

There are several threads pertaining to a possible DNS issue with them. Problems occur when browsing using Explorer / Firefox / email is down - Skype / torrents work! Issue resolves itself after a while...

Meaning it's a problem with BT / Eircom exchange... not us.

Even tonight I'm having trouble loading certain sites while others load fine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Could also be the zyxel. I was having problems for a couple of months - then got them to replace the zyxel wireless with a newer model - and all is well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Thanks folk,
    I will plough on as it is for the moment and send a few more mails to BT and see what happens.
    Regards
    Cord

Advertisement