Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What "hot" diesels are availible?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

renault do a hot megane turbo diesel AFAIR

And if its anything like the 225 it will handle well too me thinks ( I reckon thats fairly important for a hot hatch don't you ?)

I remember its in gear times to be fairly impressive.(Porsche territory!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

E92 wrote: »
    You could of course just buy a 123d with 204 bhp and 295 lb ft;).

It tops out at 148 mph and doers 0-60 in around 7 seconds I think.

As for VAG they have decided to copy BMW's idea of twin turbos and there will soon be a 2.0 TDI with 200 bhp(the new twin turbo common rail diesel). So I wouldn't rule out a Mk6 Golf GTI TDI. In fact I would say it would be very much on the cards.

but it would have to be the coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Do Renault not do a Diesel Megane sport ? 175bhp -ish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Not here AFAIK but a car like that would be a lot more affordable under the new VRT system so I wouldn't rule it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not here AFAIK but a car like that would be a lot more affordable under the new VRT system so I wouldn't rule it out!

Just checked th euk site and they have it listed. http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/meganedci175/. I'd imagine it'll make an appearance here, post july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

You could of course just buy a 123d with 204 bhp and 295 lb ft;).

It tops out at 148 mph and doers 0-60 in around 7 seconds I think.

As for VAG they have decided to copy BMW's idea of twin turbos and there will soon be a 2.0 TDI with 200 bhp(the new twin turbo common rail diesel). So I wouldn't rule out a Mk6 Golf GTI TDI. In fact I would say it would be very much on the cards.
    The 1-series coupe is going to clear up big time. That engine is amazing alright. I just wish I could afford one. Might have to wait a few years tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I did the Maths on the 123d hatch and it will be around €8,000 cheaper under the new VRT scheme, so I'm sure you can expect to get at least that much off and maybe a bit more in the Coupé as the Coupé is a dearer car to buy than the hatchback model.

Advertisement