Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL is completely fecked

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

jor el wrote:
    Strange when NTL were only recently the very best in Irish broadband availability, and as soon as they merge with Chorus (or rather UPC buy them both) the very worst of Chorus' services seems to migrate and infect NTL like a virus.
    Chorus is a teeny insy winsy tiny little ISP. Has about 1 tenth of the customers that NTL have. Its not problems with chorus somehow infecting the company with idiocy by osmosis, its problems with NTLs service due to separation from the English NTL and also setting up their own new Broadband monitoring services.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

After having no problems whatsoever for 22 months with NTL broadband i have now problems since Christmas. Mostly during the so called peak hours i wish i was on dial up because that would be faster.
    Called their support line about every other day to get some straight answers. All i can get is promises for call backs. Well... that happened 3 times so far.

Then i get some idiot from bb support suggesting i should reboot the modem..... sigh. After telling him that that didn't exactly solve the problem the 100's of times i have been doing that he checked my data transfer over the last months.
    Then you get comments that i am over the 40 gb a month. By an astonishing 1,7 gb .....
    Since ntl doesn't provide any information about how much data you use i have to rely on a 3rd party application that showed i used 39.75 gb in February, against ntl claiming i used 42.

My impression is that they are connecting too many people at the moment and that they don't honor their contention rate at all.
    After midnight till around 4 pm my connection is what it should. Exactly, the times normal people are either at work or sleeping.

All by all this is getting very frustrating. You would expect a little bit of service for 130 yoyo every 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Eircom and BT seem to be having similar problems as us people on NTL( I tried to get onto o2.ie tonight and it didnt work, it didnt work for poeple on eircom either) . Im wondering is it possible that NTL are using some of eircoms network or something because it seems like too much off a coincidance that all of these problems are happeing roughly at the same time for each ISP. Or do both NTL and Eircom run their routing along the same lines at any stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Loads of American sites not loading tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just called again with NTL's "support" like i do daily.
    Got to hear: " you have been logged yesterday for a callback, you can expect a call back before monday"

Really... someone should shoot those kunts

• Advertisement
Advertisement