Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Time

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Then why even bother posting in this topic if it does not bother you or you dont care.
    If you'd care to read the original post, Orla was asking the masses what they thought of it all. No matter what stance I take on this, carebear or not, it's relivant to the original question.

Are you in DIT??? Would you like to be paying higher fees that what you already are? Would you like to be heading outside of the college to get little things like paper, tea or coffee or even a bar and a bag of crisps.
    Did you ever had a problem with a lecturer or with a room that was solved one day ( probably by the class rep letting some one in know in the union)
    Did you ever sit down one day and listen to a band playing or watch somebody perform?
    You mean higher than the €750 we pay per year set by the government? Answers to your other questions are: yes, no, no.
    All of these little things are all done or helped to be done by the union. And the best bit is that your paying for it.
    See above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

The hustings are there for people to interact with the candidates. Also, two of the candidates were around Kevin Street today drumming up support. So no one can say they didn't have oppurtunities to interact with them. Remember that DIT covers a massive area, they cant be everywhere at once.
    Binomate wrote:

Improvements? How about some interaction with the student. Use the friggin student list once in a while to send a few emails around.

Make the compact more regular and stick it online, with blogs, podcasts, image galleries etc. Then get rid of the shite columnists who are offended about how they have to spend so much money on getting pissed off their face, when they are can barely afford to rent an appartment.

More interaction with the class reps and the class. Maybe even a class meeting with the the someone from the Student Union once every month or something.

More advertisment about the services they provide around the campus.

Less of the same events every year and more originality.

Ban the red soc for their faggotry.

There are a few, I'm sure there'd be some more if I cared a bit more, but I don't. Besides, I'm not a candidate, I don't want to be a candidate, therefore what I would do is irrelivant. Nothing appeals that any of the candidates offer.

At 3pm today there was an email sent to the all students list that starts off with the following words
    "Hi everyone, Heres a quick run down of what's happening in DIT Students' Union!"
    The email goes on to basically flush your argument above down the toilet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

strychnine wrote:
    The hustings are there for people to interact with the candidates. Also, two of the candidates were around Kevin Street today drumming up support. So no one can say they didn't have oppurtunities to interact with them. Remember that DIT covers a massive area, they cant be everywhere at once.

At 3pm today there was an email sent to the all students list that starts off with the following words
    "Hi everyone, Heres a quick run down of what's happening in DIT Students' Union!"
    The email goes on to basically flush your argument above down the toilet. ;)
    I got that wall of text earlier as well. I thought that it was pretty funny myself, that I should get my first email from the student union in the two years that I've been going to DIT the same day that I mention that there's sweet fuck all communications between the students and the students union.

As for the hustings, nice of them to inform everyone that they were on. Terrible communication on their part. If you think sending a single email, the day before voting starts is satisfactory, then, well.... lol.

Now that they've taken the time out of their busy lifestyles, to use a simple feature of our wonderfull mailing system that allows communication with the masses, for the first time in time itself, I've been informed of what some of them stand for and why they're running an election campaign. Now that they have actually attempted to communicate with me, I might take that in to consideration and I might just vote.

Advertisement