Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Series

Options
  • 05-03-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

as we know, the current series has come to an end which i am very disappointed about as i was really enjoying it!!

anyone any idea on when it will start again??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya the series did seem rather short, sunday was brilliance to say the least
    your man lamar was getting pissed was so hilarious
    best episode yet

I await the new series with high anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How many editions were in that series. I can only recall four! :eek:

1. Hamster's accident
    2. Alabama
    3. The tractors/rape seed oil
    4. The limmos

Did I miss a few?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

6 eps in s09 afaik.

Did it not say TG would be back in the summer at the end of the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

kaimera wrote:

Did it not say TG would be back in the summer at the end of the show?

It did.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

iirc they said they'd be back in the summer for the next series.

they are also going to be doing a "Top Gear top of the pops" show for children in need in the next couple of weeks..

episode 1 - hammond crash, jag XKR Vs. Aston Martin V8, road works challenge
    episode 2 - bugatti veyron driven by james may, review audi TT/Alfa Brera/ Mazda RX8
    episode 3 - US trip
    episode 4- review of porsche 911 and merc sl720. robin reliant shuttle challenge
    episode 5 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP640, tractors
    episode 6 - mustang gt500, limos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

As far as i know the new series is due to air in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The us trip show was easily the highlight of the series. I hope they pursue more shows like that. I don't think we need to see test-drives of super-cars in every show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any chance of an e-mail campaign for a jaunt round Dublin each piloting a Brit classic like say an MG without a map? ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

oh yeh, theyve never been to ireland, send clarkson down the backarse or no where without a map,,,, that'd be some funny show, can you just imagine the giving out??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I think they should send them round Ireland, either in their limo's or in the tractors. Send them up to my neck of the woods, it'd be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

That would be interesting........ as long as This doesn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

can you imagine it? There'd be 2 sets of people interested. The people who like the show, and the trolls like the guy who did nothing but give out for the last 3 pages in the motors forum.

Personally i'd quite enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

All of the filming for se09 was done before hamsters accident. Apart from the last episode.

Was not overly happy with the series, it was okay. But it seems to have turned into more of a comedy show rather then a show about cars.

Yes the funny element of the show is great, but for ****s sake i want to see mroe overstear and more of the stif driving like the loon that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought the stig falling out of his seat while racing the tractor around the track was quite funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Go back to playing puzzle bobble you. Your concept of funny does not impress me !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

cool, never realised there was a top gear forum!! :D

thought it was a very funny series...hammond trying to make himself as small as possible in his pickup with "man love reules" painted down the side...or may shouting for the jumpleads in the filling station...brilliant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

timmywex wrote:
    oh yeh, theyve never been to ireland, send clarkson down the backarse or no where without a map,,,, that'd be some funny show, can you just imagine the giving out??

hammond was in ireland a while back, raced a greyhound around the dog track in dublin....the dog won, hammond was driving a mazda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

More cars, less messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

There seems to be confussion about whether Top Gear will do a new series. :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6439449.stm

Wonder whats the problem? Why would Clarkson say that, is he looking for a pay rise! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

scuby wrote:
    hammond was in ireland a while back, raced a greyhound around the dog track in dublin....the dog won, hammond was driving a mazda

Ye MX5 around Shelbourne Park

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Anti wrote:
    All of the filming for se09 was done before hamsters accident. Apart from the last episode.
    are you sure about that? in the first episode they welcomed him back after his accident :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

are you sure about that? in the first episode they welcomed him back after his accident :confused:

The bits in the studio are recorded long after that other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

There seems to be confussion about whether Top Gear will do a new series. :confused:

I heard James May on the news this morning saying that the show was going ahead and that all three presenters would be on the show. He did say there were questions about how the series would run...whatever that means!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There will be a new series and there will be a summer special as well. Oh and Red Nose Day has a Top Gear section.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

r3nu4l wrote:
    I heard James May on the news this morning saying that the show was going ahead and that all three presenters would be on the show. He did say there were questions about how the series would run...whatever that means!
    Well as long as theres a new series in the pipeline, thats the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

timmywex wrote:

Hammond actually did two pieces in Ireland for TG

One where he drove some old racing cars round the Phoenix Park while explaining the history of British Racing Green and another piece where he raced a greyhound in a Mazda MX-5 Roadster

The other two haven't been tho, would like to see all power some exotica around the connemeara countryside

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Were the bits that The Hamster did in Ireland broadcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The greyhound race was definately shown. Didn't see the Phoenix Park one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Any update on when the new series kicks off?

On another note i had the pleasure of seeing the Filming of the mazda in Ireland. It was done in the Sally gap they had the road closed for most of the day and the Hamster just drove the nuts off it all day up and down the road.

Advertisement