Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Return Leg

• 05-03-2007 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tuesday, 06 March 2007

Chelsea v FC Porto (agg 1-1)
    Liverpool v Barcelona (agg 2-1)
    Lyon v Roma (agg 0-0)
    Valencia v Inter Milan (agg 2-2)

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic (agg 0-0),
    Arsenal v PSV (agg 0-1)
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 2-3)
    Man Utd v Lille (agg 1-0)

I'm all tingly! :p

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Tuesday, 06 March 2007

Chelsea v FC Porto --HOME
    Liverpool v Barcelona--HOME
    Lyon v Roma--HOME
    Valencia v Inter Milan--DRAW

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic--DRAW
    Arsenal v PSV--HOME
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid--DRAW
    Man Utd v Lille--HOME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Chelsea v FC Porto - Porto are a decent enough team but you'd have to fancy Chelsea to win comfortably enough at the bridge and go through

Liverpool v Barcelona - this tie certainly isn't over yet and I do fancy Barca to score but I can't see them keeping a clean sheet; the pool to go through

Lyon v Roma - Roma have it all to do and I can't see them beating Lyon at home, I was very suprised the first leg was 0-0; Lyon to go through

Valencia v Inter Milan - this is perfect for Valencia who normally thrive on the counter & Inter will have to come out and score; Valencia to go through

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic - I can't see Celtic getting anything at the San Siro particularly after the way both teams played in the first leg; Milan to go through

Arsenal v PSV - PSV aren't the team of two years ago that's for sure and I was very surprised that they beat Arsenal in the first leg. Arsenal to get the result they need to go through

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid - you'd fancy Bayern to win this leg but Real have been a lot better away from home this season (in the league at least). It's a tough one to call tbh

Man Utd v Lille - United to give Lille the thrashing they deserve after the antics of the first leg; united to go through easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Heck Lille deserved something out of that game! Dumbasses though to do what they did.
    Man i'm nervous about the pool game. Thankfully sitting back and defending leads is our Champions League speciality!:D

Lyon, Valencia, Milan, Chelski, PSV (i can just see it being one of those frustrating games for the gunners unless they score early), United and Madrid to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

tuesday

Chelsea v FC Porto --HOME
    Liverpool v Barcelona--AWAY
    Lyon v Roma--DRAW
    Valencia v Inter Milan--HOME

Wednesday

AC Milan v Celtic--HOME
    Arsenal v PSV--HOME
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid--DRAW
    Man Utd v Lille--HOME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea v FC Porto - Chelsea to go through ( I expect a performance from Shev)
    Liverpool v Barcelona - Barca (I want Liverpool to win, but I think Barca will just go, **** this, play a 3-4-3, and win like 4-2 or something. I don't think Liverpool's defense can cope with the utter speed of Eto, and I expect him to put in a MOM performance here)
    Lyon v Roma - Roma (Can't see the tactical genius of Houllier not ****ing this up)
    Valencia v Inter Milan - Inter (Match of the round here if you ask me, really want to watch this tonight if I can, smart money is on Valencia, with them being at home, but I think Inter are just so damm good this season)

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic - Milan (duh, Kaka to destroy)
    Arsenal v PSV - Don't know (I think Arsenal might do it, but they are just so damm unpredictable. Let's put it this way, if Arsenal decide to win, they will. If they decide not to win, they don't. It could be either)
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid - Real Madrid (Ruud and Beckham to beat Barca)
    Man Utd v Lille - United (By god I'm so damm nervous about this match, if we win this match, then win the league, i'll be happy, even if we go out in the next round. It's been so long since we've won a knockout tie I've forgotten what it feels like.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote:
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid - Real Madrid (Ruud and Beckham to beat Barca)

I think Beckham is ruled out for about 4 weeks. I still think Madrid will win tonight though, have a feeling both Ruud and Raul will score again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Chelsea v FC Porto (agg 1-1) Chelsea to scrape through
    Liverpool v Barcelona (agg 2-1) Liverpool to choke Barca to get the two goals
    Lyon v Roma (agg 0-0)Lyon to go through
    Valencia v Inter Milan (agg 2-2)Valencia

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic (agg 0-0), Milan to go through
    Arsenal v PSV (agg 0-1) PSV to persevere
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 2-3) Real Madrid to hold out
    Man Utd v Lille (agg 1-0) Manchester United to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Chelsea v FC Porto - Chelsea - comfortable win

Liverpool v Barcelona - Liverpool will shut up shop. 0-0 Liverpool through.

Arsenal v PSV - I don't have much confidence in Arsenal in europe this year. Narrowly through maybe.

Man Utd v Lille - I expect an ugly match. UTD's to lose though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Winners in bold.

Tuesday, 06 March 2007

Chelsea v FC Porto
    Liverpool v Barcelona
    Lyon v Roma
    Valencia v Inter Milan

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic
    Arsenal v PSV
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Man Utd v Lille

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Chelsea v FC Porto - Chelsea - comfortable win

Liverpool v Barcelona - Liverpool will shut up shop. 0-0 Liverpool through.

Arsenal v PSV - I don't have much confidence in Arsenal in europe this year. Narrowly through maybe.

Man Utd v Lille - I expect an ugly match. UTD's to lose though.
    There are games being played that dont involve English clubs astonishing as it may seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

gustavo wrote:
    There are games being played that dont involve English clubs astonishing as it may seem.
    Thank you for that information. Astonishing as it may seem, I was aware of that.

Do you have a point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Tuesday, 06 March 2007

Chelsea v FC Porto (agg 1-1) Chelsea will win 2-0 tonight
    Liverpool v Barcelona (agg 2-1) Barcelona win 2-0 and go through
    Lyon v Roma (agg 0-0) Lyon win 3-1
    Valencia v Inter Milan (agg 2-2) Valencia will get through

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic (agg 0-0), Id like to see a score draw but Milan will win
    Arsenal v PSV (agg 0-1) Arsenal will concede early as usual and draw tonight. Psv through
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 2-3) 1-0 Bayern. Bayern through on away goals
    Man Utd v Lille (agg 1-0) 2-0 United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

This is always a good time to have a punt on outsiders to win CL, current odds:
    Chelsea 7- 2 Arsenal 12 - 1 Roma 33 - 1
    Man Utd 11 - 2 Valencia 12 - 1 PSV 50 - 1
    Liverpool 8 - 1 Inter Milan 12 - 1 Porto 100 - 1
    Lyon 8 - 1 Real Madrid 14 - 1 Celtic 100 - 1
    Barcelona 10 - 1 Bayern München 25 - 1 Lille 250 - 1
    AC Milan 12 - 1

Some good value Bayern 25/1, Milan 12/1 even Barca at 10/1 ain't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Why do Liverpool - Barca and Valencia - Inter have to be on at the same time? :(

My predictions:
    Liverpool (natch)
    Chelsea (no way they'll lose at home)
    Lyon (Roma would get a nosebleed at the thought of reaching 1/4 finals)
    Valencia (probably game of the round!)

Milan (Celtic's away form continuing)
    PSV (PSV again patronised as 'surprise package'!)
    Real (They seem to get their finger out when needs be)
    Man Yoo (Because they've obviously made some pact with the underworld)

Pick of the bets there has to be Inter at 12-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t253/Danny1355/IMG_0322.jpg

The Rafatollah shall lead his followers to the promised land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB wrote:
    Pick of the bets there has to be Inter at 12-1.

wha! 12/1, and they really havta win away from home then prob play one of the English sides in the quarters. No chance

Id put my money on Real madrid or Inter I suppose but I think an English club will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Trilla wrote:
    wha! 12/1, and they really havta win away from home then prob play one of the English sides in the quarters. No chance
    no protection in qtrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Trilla wrote:
    wha! 12/1, and they really havta win away from home
    I think that's why he said "this is always a good time to have a punt on outsiders to win CL". You get a lot of value on teams that failed to win the first leg.

Roma rested 7 players on Saturday. All focus for them recently has been on the CL. I can see them getting a score draw tonight.

• Advertisement

Internazionale
    Played - 26
    Won - 22
    Draw - 4
    Lose - 0
    Goals for - 57
    Goals against - 21
    Points - 70

If Inter get through, they are the team to avoid without a doubt.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Thank you for that information. Astonishing as it may seem, I was aware of that.

Do you have a point?
    Just seemed strange that you were only able to provide opinions on games involving English clubs.

I think whoever perseveres from the Inter Valencia tie will win it outright,

Lyon:
    Coupet, Réveillére, Squillaci, Cris, Abidal, Tiago, Diarra, Juninho, Malouda, Fred.

Roma:
    Doni, Tonetto, Mexes, Chivu, Cassetti, Pizarro, De Rossi, Perrotta, Taddei, Mancini, Totti.

---

Liverpool:
    Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Agger, Carragher, Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Kuyt, Bellamy.

Barcelona:
    Valdéz, Oleguer, Thuram, Puyol, Márquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o.

---

Chelsea:
    Cech, Diarra, Carvalho, Essien, A.Cole, Makelele, Ballack, Lampard, Robben, Shevchenko, Drogba.

Porto:
    Helton, Fucile, Pepe, B.Alves, Cech, R.Costa, Assuncao, Gonzalez, Meireles, Quaresma, López.

---

Valencia:
    Canizares, Miguel, Ayala, Albiol, Moretti, Angulo, Baraja, Marchena, Silva, Morientes, Villa.

Inter:
    J.César, Maicon, Córdoba, Materazzi, Maxwell, Burdisso, Dacourt, Zanetti, Stankovic, Crespo, Ibrahimovich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha! 3 strikers for Barca this will be either a beano for one side or the other. Eto'o can't be fit.

Liverpool unchanged from first leg.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Tuesday, 06 March 2007

Chelsea v FC Porto
    Liverpool v Barcelona
    Lyon v Roma
    Valencia v Inter Milan

Wednesday, 07 March 2007

AC Milan v Celtic
    Arsenal v PSV
    Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
    Man Utd v Lille

Teams in Bold to progress...

Could the lads on RTE have not done a bit of research? So annoying listening to them figure out Barca are playing 3 at the back.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:
    Internazionale
    Played - 26
    Won - 22
    Draw - 4
    Lose - 0
    Goals for - 57
    Goals against - 21
    Points - 70

If Inter get through, they are the team to avoid without a doubt.

Thats useless tbh, Some teams have won the CL and been 20 points off 1st in their leagues.

CL and leagues mean nothing nowadays.

kdjac

eirebhoy wrote:
    Could the lads on RTE have not done a bit of research? So annoying listening to them figure out Barca are playing 3 at the back.:D

LOLed at that, who is playing left back ....same system as vs Sevilla and Zaragoza even gery Armstrong pretending to be at the game copped that.

kdjac

• Advertisement

1-0 to the underrated. Totti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

KdjaCL wrote:
    Thats useless tbh, Some teams have won the CL and been 20 points off 1st in their leagues.

CL and leagues mean nothing nowadays.

kdjac

Agreed. Milan is a better option. In fact, all things being equal Milan to win the CL.

But I think it's Uefa's year (again) to give it to England. :(

Robben the diving ****. Twice in five minutes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well twist my nipplenuts and call me Frank. I hadn't expected Porto to frighten chelsea so thoroughly. Watching it on setanta now and tbh they are panicking.

How liverpool havnt scored i dont know. So glad Chelsea are losing too:D

Mancini. That's Roma through.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:
    How liverpool havnt scored i dont know. D

Same reason they didnt score on saturday i would imagine.

Barca need Gio or Sylvinho on for Iniesta so give them balance or an outlet down the left.

kdjac

Blimey o Reilly that woodwork is earning its keep for Barca tonight. Would have been hilarious if Sissoko had scored. Can Liverpool keep up this crazy work rate for another 45+ mins?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

evad_lhorg wrote:
    How liverpool havnt scored i dont know. So glad Chelsea are losing too:D

Yeah, it's funny. Barca are showing so technically superior, but athleticism is on top. FTM!

KdjaCL wrote:
    Same reason they didnt score on saturday

why, is John O'Shea playing for Barcelona now?! :p

Roma a through now. no way Lyon will score 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hamilton calling Sissoko sudoko. Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Barcelona have been awful in the forst half. They have created nothing and tbh most of the blame has to go to Rijkard for an absolutely shocking lineup. What is the man thinking playing a three at the back with Iniesta dropping to left back? They have no shape at all and are very lucky to still be in the tie. They had one shot in the first half. Ronaldinho isnt interested, Deco and Etoo the same. Messi is the only one that looks like he is going to do anything.

Surely Rijkard has got to change it in the second half because they have been brutal so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Kingp35 wrote:
    Barcelona have been awful in the forst half. They have created nothing and tbh most of the blame has to go to Rijkard for an absolutely shocking lineup. What is the man thinking playing a three at the back with Iniesta dropping to left back? They have no shape at all and are very lucky to still be in the tie. They had one shot in the first half. Ronaldinho isnt interested, Deco and Etoo the same. Messi is the only one that looks like he is going to do anything.

Surely Rijkard has got to change it in the second half because they have been brutal so far.
    If you are going to play 3 at the back why not have Thuram,Marquez and Puyol.
    Liverpool are strangling Barca.
    It aint ugly football,its hideous.

Pool are killing them as Messi and Ronnie have no back up, watch when ronnie and messi get to turn and face as the full back runs past, thats when they get to create atm they getting massacred by 2 players every time they get the ball.

rikjaard has gone a bit mental with that 343 it doesnt suit the players and marquez is seriously dodgy expect a gift from him to pool.

kdjac

1-1 Chelsea. Helton howler. Robben with the goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yes! One more please Eidur.

Are you expecting Barca to score the winner in the 91st minute, or will it turn out as a shock when it happens?
    Huehuehue.

pool dropping back deeper and deeper, that diagonal ball seems to be working for barca.

kdjac

Phew!

Carra man of the round, man of the century!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Umm, anyone know what the unpleasantness at the end of the valencia game was? The setanta commentators just mentioned it... but didnt yet give sepcifics.... Humm. valencia... Crowd trouble... Never!

• Advertisement
Advertisement