Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi maf

Options
  • 06-03-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

hello folks.

picked up new car. '98 A6 2.8Q:) :):)

i suspect it may need an MAF sensor. in one of my old tdi audis, i had to get a new one and iirc, it was downright cheap (compared to €400 for my old 325).

What about those ones on ebay for £40 are they going to be up to much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

cantdecide wrote:
    hello folks.

picked up new car. '98 A6 2.8Q:) :):)

i suspect it may need an MAF sensor. in one of my old tdi audis, i had to get a new one and iirc, it was downright cheap (compared to €400 for my old 325).

What about those ones on ebay for £40 are they going to be up to much?

If its a genuine item that would be a steal. However I suspect its not.

Best bet is to get from Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think Bosch make one that works on many VAG engines, not too sure if they are replacements parts or factory fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Audi do a replacement MAF for around 80 euro, with your old one returned, well they did it for me 2 years ago in turners cross motors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tonic07

I got one for 100 euro with old one returned. These MAF's they give you for that price are reconditioned ones. To buy brand new they are over 300 euro.
    However the reconditioned ones are like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Try GSF or eurocarparts.com, both might have what you need. Have used both companies, but eurocarparts I'd go back to first time every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tonic07

This place in Finglas is also very good. Have found them cheaper than most.

http://www.otto.ie

Advertisement