Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blizzards?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the blizzards are playing UCD this Thursday night? i have a crush on a certain lead singer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Font22 wrote:
    Anyone know if the blizzards are playing UCD this Thursday night? i have a crush on a certain lead singer!

Oooh, let me guess...

Is it the Blizzards lead-singer?

No, no, don't answer yet...

Freddie Mercury, it's definitely Freddie Mercury. Has to be.

Freddie Mercury, final answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

As far as I know theyre playing on Wed in the Stu bar! Tickets will probably be going on sale in the usual outlets (ticket stands and possibly the union shops) like always, sur eyou can check out the Rag week posters around campus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Can't say I've heard any of their music yet, but I do quite enjoy your man's column in the college paper (name? :/ ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Font22 wrote:
    i have a crush on a certain lead singer!
    God yeah, most definitely would! Pity they're from Mullingar:D

On the Ragweek posters its says National Student Music Awards [or something to that effect] Does that mean its gonna be a shitty ceremony type thing and then they play like one song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ive had their song stuck in my head all day!!
    Lead singer is the hottest thing since the library fire last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

wednesday? darn it, i thought it was thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Anyone know how much the tickets are going for? They are for a friend....
    Would there be many left?

hes dreamy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Theyre 8 euro and I think theres a good few left.... alot of people tend to just arrive and pay at the door for these gigs. Should be awesome, hopefully ill get to pop in if I get my essays done!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Yeh I figured there would be tickets but it is rag week and all. Essays? Don't talk to me about essays....

Did anybody go in the end?
    I had a great night despite being almost poisoned:( There wasn't much of a crowd though, the bar had way more people for Kila and other acts. The DJ at the end wasn't shit for once unlike most events [imho of course]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I left before ten because the crowd wasn't many.

Anyway I saw the end of the L&H election with Michael MacGrath elected.Its a pity I thought Deirdre would have more experience having been on the committee for two years!

But MacGrath had the 'active' members support so it seems.

Chakar wrote:
    Yeah I left before ten because nobody who was anybody was there.
    You should've waited a bit longer it only got busy around 11 or that.

Scraggs wrote:
    You should've waited a bit longer it only got busy around 11 or that.

I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

if there was a good event, i was there with the CTN crew.

Dontico wrote:
    if there was a good event, i was there with the CTN crew.

Are you trying to say that if there was a good event you would have been there with the CTN crew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

Chakar wrote:
    Are you trying to say that if there was a good event you would have been there with the CTN crew?

yeah what ever. i do to most gigs and we film. interviewed 7 bands in the past 2 days.

Dontico wrote:
    yeah what ever. i do to most gigs and we film. interviewed 7 bands in the past 2 days.

The CTN crew was at the Blizzards gig then.I saw all of them, Newenham, Roche and Geraghty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Chakar wrote:
    Yeah I left before ten because the crowd wasn't many.

Anyway I saw the end of the L&H election with Michael MacGrath elected.Its a pity I thought Deirdre would have more experience having been on the committee for two years!

But MacGrath had the 'active' members support so it seems.

I had a mini debate with Irwin Gill about this. I told him the girl wouldnt get elected cos women usually dont get elected in UCD,over a man. He said I was being unfair and sexist and Deidre had a good chance of winning. Obviously I was right unfortunatly

Was bressie blizzard wearing his tight t-shirt?Wow he is hotness personified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

panda100 wrote:
    I had a mini debate with Irwin Gill about this. I told him the girl wouldnt get elected cos women never get elected in UCD. He said I was being unfair and sexist and Deidre had a good chance of winning. Obviously I was right unfortunatly

Wholly untrue; Holly, Jane, Ciara... there's not as many as there probably should be but unfortionatly the number of men running tend to outweigh the number of women running.

In the case of the LnH election the margin was huge (440 to 187) and certainly wouldn't be down to the fact that one was a girl.

And I couldn't go to the Blizzards, stupid hockey... wasn't advertised well at all though imo

Advertisement