Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony W810i - is it any good?

• 06-03-2007 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just a quick query I am wondering if anybody can advise on whether or not the Sony W810i is a good buy? So confused at this stage that i'm about to give up!

I really need to change my phone - but am a little put off by the joystick however, every phone seems to have one these days!

Does anyone know if this phone does or does not play MP3s?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

great ol phone, not much on the w800 tho tbh, i'm waiting for the w850 to come down and swoop in for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Does anyone know if this phone does or does not play MP3s?

Silly question. It's Walkman phone. There's also no joystick on the W810i, so I don't see why there's a concern there.

Try www.sonyericsson.com to get a basic idea of what the phone is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

It does have a small joystick, and yes it plays mp3's. At least mine does :)
    I love mine, tho it did die on me a while back and I had to go to the S.E. site and update the firmware. It has been fine since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

It's ok as a phone.
    I've found the call quality to be poor compared to my old 6230. The UI isn't as responsive either. Keypad buttons aren't great to push either, prefer the nokia again.

Camera is excellent tho. Joystick is just a push button rather than full motion joystick.

Grand for playing mp3s tho. Read some reports of problems with music after flashing firmware to R4EA031 but mines been fine.

Can't save messages to memory stick which I don't like, it will only let you save 20 messages on the phone then outside of whats in your inbox.

I got it for free so I guess I can't complain too much more :p

Advertisement