Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunar Eclipse ....Today (Tuesday, 6th March)?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was in the bathroom about to put gel on my hair when I looked out the window at the moon and noticed that there was a curved shadow on it at it's southern pole. I was shocked - Could it be another eclipse?

I turned away for nothing but 2 minutes and when I looked back half of it was covered. There were no clouds in the sky so I assumed it must have been a Lunar Eclipse. I looked at it closely from that point and a shadow gradually made it's way up to it's north pole and then it (the moon) completely vanished.

What have I just witnessed?

This was all at aroud 6:50AM

Kevin.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

at 6:50 AM the moon was setting (it would have almost been right at the horizon at around that time). so it would have slowly disappeared into the horizon/ a mountain

Advertisement