Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourinho leaving ?

• 06-03-2007 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

ok ok i know its the sun but :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007100534,00.html

could be some truth in there ? , is RA/ Peter Kenyon that stupid ?
    what is replacing Mou gonna do ?
    Look at Real Madrid as an example here PLEASE!!!

If they replace him, id bet Chels wont even qualify for the CL next yr !!!

it will just make it easier for united to win the prem...
    Look at Arsenal do you think Wenger's job was in doubt at all last year
    when they won nothing ?? NO cos they know he is the right man for the job
    and is building a great team..
    If Chelsea took a lesson from that and stuck with their manager and only made small changes to the squad each summer then they would be something ... not making stupid buys like Ballack, Shevy, and Ashley cole!!

>:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

have to ask the question though - who is doing the buying?

If its Abram doing the buying like was reported with schevvy, then fair play - hes not giving his manager any help. IF however its Jose doing the buying....then can you say hes the right man for the job when hes made all these silly signings? I dont think he can be called the right man for the job, when given the reins - he wastes all that money on squad players.

Many a manager knew his football, but couldnt turn a profit because of their approach to the game ie. buying success (and i know thats abramovich not helping matters) but this doesnt necessarily mean jose is the right man, nor does it mean hes a good manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

most of the buys seem to be Arnesens of late rather than Mourinho. But it has to be said that he inherited most of his best players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

He is a good manager, I think that his authority has been undermined recently. Even though its The Sun, it does sound like there's no smoke without fire.

A couple of Chelsea fans I spoke to firmly believe Jose is off in the summer, guess time will tell. Who would want to work under Abramovich?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone who thinks Mourinho needs to buy trophies obviously doesnt know his history in managemant?

Porto had the lowest wage bill in the last 16 of the CL the year they won it.

He took a small team from outside lisbon from the second division to second in the leage in less than four years with only 3-4 thousand home fans per week and the smallest budget in the entire portugese super league.

The man is a genius and anyone who doubts it is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

i happen to doubt it, much as we all doubted Paul Le Guen.... maybe the team i support makes me catious of anyones ability these days.

Aw hell.. i must be cuckoo :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement