Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia?

• 06-03-2007 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi All

I recently bought a Nokia 6230i but the other night it fell into the bath. I managed to get the phone out straight away and tried to dry it with a hairdryer but when i tried to turn phone back on it wont work. My sim card is ok as im currently using it now in a different phone. Its been four days since it happend and the phone still wont turn on......Has this happend anyone before? Just wondering if any has any recommendations of what i should do or on how I can fix it or even just were to get it fixed.

Thanks alot
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

leave it in the hot press for about a week but not directly on the boiler. then go out and buy a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Fanfan

Why would i bother leaving it in the hot dress if im going to have to buy a new one?

Fanfan wrote:
    Why would i bother leaving it in the hot dress if im going to have to buy a new one?
    i wasn't being serious. the chances of it working again are pretty much zero after getting that much water in it

but if you can do without a phone for a week or two there's no harm putting it in the hot press. might work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Fanfan

Would you reckon i could even get it fixed anywere?

it might be possible but it'll cost a lot of money and will almost certainly not work. unless someone offers to do it on the cheap its best to just get a new one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've heard storys of phones coming back to life a few weeks later .. they'll work as new for a few weeks and then fall over and die again.

Buy a new one as Vimes says - see if you can trade the old one in (don't tell them it fell in the bath!)

Advertisement